• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your KDE (screenshots)

@ stevek

of toad hall fame?
    Guilty as charged.

I've thrown conky out again - I've got a rudimentary version in openbox but I asked myself whether I really needed it in kde with all them plasmoids flying about anyway... But I'll bear your solution in mind, especially as it might work (for me) - cheers!
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
      @ sithlord48

Out of interest, how do you switch between desktops, CTRL + Fx?
      that is exactly what i do, i think i might add a 3rd and 4th desktop to the machine too (one for NX client and one for vm )
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by stevek
        Originally posted by toad
        Whooooo, apart from the obvious showing off (shame upon you!) bloody nice You must have a decent GPU to get the folding of the window done so smoothly - which one if I may ask?

Am also impressed by conky doing the different wallpapers. What is it with me? I tried dibl's solution but it renders _only_ the default wallpaper in conky and it looks #&%$e on my other activities...

Oh, and show us the hidden panel, will you?
        Hey thanks toad! (of toad hall fame?)

The only thing I don't like about the dark themes is how you get black and white stripes in certain programs if you use a dark background.

Actually my GPU is quite old now, but it was fairly powerful in it's day - Nvidia 6800 GS using Nvidia driver. It seems to get along very nicely with kwin, compiz works well in a LXDE setting and the E17 ecomorph compiz-style also works well.

Like you, I realised that conky looks pants when trying to do the feh workaround with different wallpapers on different desktops, so I opted to use translucency instead, with a background to match the plasma theme. For kwin you can now set that in window behaviour > window specific and there are similar options for compiz users.

Hidden panel is just a panel - nothing special

Hey BigCityCat - If you're anything like me, even when you get something you're pleased with, there's always something else that can be tweaked a little

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Vintage Strat desktop
          [img width=400 height=250]http://i46.tinypic.com/nq1efo.png[/img]
          Ya hear that? That's the blues callin' baby.

Comment

I finally got my conky fully transparent. I'm pretty happy with my desktop now.

[img width=400 height=250]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6253/desktopscreen.png[/img]
            Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
            Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
            Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

@ rfakhrai

You've got a nice temperature there! Just switched on or you got your machine in a fridge?
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

@toad:

Uptime is 5 hours in that screenshot. Outside temps were in the twenties last night and I didn't use my heater inside so my machine is running very cool today. It helps that I haven't used Flash today, too

And my case has 4 fans so, I rarely see idling temps above 35.
                Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200

Comment

Man! 20's? My heat kicks on it gets down to 65. lol

Comment

rfakhrai@

Nice background image. Where did you get it?
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, snowhog. I got the photo off of kde-look. I don't know any other information about it but it has a perfect calming effect to balance out the conky frenzy.

Comment

Gosh, do I dare post my default wallpaper, default color, default windeco, default icon theme.... BUT it does have TWO panels... %^&(*) that Oxygen Team, making the defaults so darn appealing. Took all the fun out of customization for me.

Comment

[img width=400 height=250]http://i46.tinypic.com/6ht0na.jpg[/img]

Comment

The kubuntu blues! Hm...

Are those two side panels you got there, Bubbablues or is it an old fashioned desktop setup with icons?

BTW, nothing much has changed for me. Here one of the desktops:

The not so cuby cube:

The present windows plugin:

And finally the dashboard:

Comment

Don't know about old fashioned but yes they are icons. Side panels are just an annoyance to me. 8)

Comment

For the Warcraft III Frozen Throne fans...
                                Attached Files

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                                X