Clear All

Re: your KDE (screenshots)

One of my many incarnations of my DT:

Attached Files

Comment

Like the wallpaper!
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If u mean mine, I think I got it from Deviant Art.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
          If u mean mine, I think I got it from Deviant Art.
          Yup. Deviant Art - yeah, there's a lot of good stuff there.

Comment

Originally posted by toad

Is that yasp? If so, could I have your configs ?
            It's conky. I'll be happy to share the code, but it's quite customized ... you'd probably end up spending the same long weekend that I did getting it to fit your system.

Comment

In a sentence ( ), how did you get the transparency?

Comment

@ SnowHog: http://kire1987.deviantart.com/art/E...Falls-74452824

Comment

Thank you! Always like another dark wallpaper.

Comment

My favorites are the cubes. Taken with delay timer on screenshot.
                    Attached Files
                    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Right, I tried yasp and it repeatedly borked my ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* which makes it a complete show stopper. I've got a conkyrc but can't be arsed to adjust it to my present needs (unless the weather gets even worse).

Anyway, dark... I just tried out this:

dark icons, wonton colour scheme but am not fully convinced. Anybody got any dark screenshots with dolphin open so I can have a look?

EDIT:
                      changed from normal task manager to smooth tasks which doesn't take up as much space - and fuzzy clock is back Oh, and my favourite, the fancy panel at the bottom 8)
                      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                        In a sentence ( ), how did you get the transparency?
                        The transparent background in conky is accomplished with a line of code like this at the end of my ~/conkymain file:

Code:
                        ${texeci 1000 feh --bg-scale "/home/dibl/IMAGES/Wallpapers/eastfrom3churches_1600x1200.png"}
                        As you can see, it takes the same image file that is used for the rest of the desktop, and uses it to fill in the conky background. So it isn't really transparent, but rather it is the applicable piece of the desktop image plugged in as a conky background, so the desktop image is made whole again.

Comment

That's a nice. Is that actually a documented piece of code for Conky, or a kluge that someone discovered?

Comment

The good news is, it is documented. The bad news is, I found it somewhere in here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865

I think that thread was only 600 pages when I found it .... :P

Originally, I found someone else's basic conky style that I liked, copied his conkyrc file, then studied that thread and others to figure out how to adapt it to my system (add more partitions, add the weather, add the e-mail info, etc.). The ability to do "transparent" was part of that project.

Note that every time I want to change the desktop wallpaper, it is also necessary to go into my conkymain file and change it there, too. Otherwise, you get a conky with last week's desktop as the background.

Comment

Here (weyhey, I did it!) a great site to start off with conky.

And no, it is not 600 pages long
                              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Hey hey indeed! That is an excellent tutorial! I think I see a way to automate the wallpaper selection so I can skip the manual edit every time I change it. Nice one, toad!

Comment

Working...
                                X