X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your KDE (screenshots)

Originally posted by toad
    Funky font, Death Kitten, funky font!
    That would be my favorite font, Creme SSi. The only issue I have with it is that it tends to be a little smaller than most other fonts. So where I can read stuff like Times New Roman at 10pt just fine, I have to bump Creme SSi up to 12pt.

Originally posted by Snowhog
    Digital Blaphemy. Yes, very nice wallpapers. I've grabbed a few from him myself.
    Honestly speaking, I thought you would notice something else instead. :-P

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      I think I see the problem. Conky is looking for an image file name. On my sidux KDE 4 desktop, the line in ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc that begins with "wallpaper=" does not point to a file, it points to a folder (wallpaper=/usr/share/wallpapers/sidux-momos). Moreover, with KDE 4, I see in the plasma-desktop-appletsrc file that a user-selected image that is off in some other directory (i.e. the partition where I keep my images) is a line above the "wallpapers=" line (userswallpapers=/home/dibl/IMAGES/Wallpapers/eastfrom3churches_1600x1200.png). So that grep/sed expression is not going to work as-is. But it's a good idea -- if I were more of a programmer I could probably patch it up to where it would work.
      Given your situation as outlined above, try this configuration:
      ${texeci 1000 feh --bg-scale "`grep 'userswallpapers=' ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc | head --lines=1 | sed 's/userswallpapers=//'`"}
      The change is using head instead of tail
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Funky font, Death Kitten, funky font!
        I was going to say the same thing. Interesting colors as well. Very nice!

Comment

I'm pretty default. I made a few changes.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...napshot1-1.png

Comment

A different one.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k.../snapshot7.png

Comment

What are the settings for the dark theme?
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

What are the settings for the dark theme?
                I found the wallpaper on deviant art under customization/wallpaper/linux.

The style is a new theme from kdelook.org called dark air but some of it's settings are not very good so I used desktop settings to modify it. The things that I changed are; color I used glassified, tasks I used proffesional, analog clock is used glassified, dialog I used glassified, tooltips I used glassified. Don't change the logout because there is a bug and plasma will crash. The panel is really cool though.

I'm using compiz as my default window manager and I use emerald for the window decorations but I'm not at home right now. When I get back I will tell you what they are.

The colors are just colors I selected. I'm using them with qtcurve using the dark pearl theme from KDElook.org

Comment

Coolio Many thanks for the detailed description!
                  Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Coolio Many thanks for the detailed description!
                    No problem, The window frames are Xairon-Compiz black+dark from compiz-themes. I modified the colors a little in the edit themes section in emerald.

The colors I used all around are #090C10. I think it gives the black a blue tint.

This may give you a better look at what I mean about the colors.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k.../snapshot8.png

Comment

Bespin Style - In Action:

Showing off the Alpha:

Clock is BeClock, Kwin effect - Not a plasmoid. Conky makes another appearance and the block at the bottom right is Smooth Tasks and the Quicklaunch Widget contained in a tall, short panel.

There is also a hidden panel at the bottom containing YAWP, Kickoff (only for D&D purposes), Toggle-Panel (experimental widget to hide the block if necessary), Conky on-off switch (homemade script), Toggle compositing plasmoid, Translator plasmoid, Device Manager/System tray, 4 screen pager and a traditional application launcher (for practical use if there's no quicklaunch).

Edit: I forgot to say there's an XBar widget on a 1/2 screen panel at the top left to show the menu stuff if needed.

That's it

Comment

Whooooo, apart from the obvious showing off (shame upon you!) bloody nice You must have a decent GPU to get the folding of the window done so smoothly - which one if I may ask?

Am also impressed by conky doing the different wallpapers. What is it with me? I tried dibl's solution but it renders _only_ the default wallpaper in conky and it looks ****e on my other activities...

Oh, and show us the hidden panel, will you?

Comment

Yes Stevak those are sweet.

Okay I promise this is it. I'm sticking with this for a while.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k.../snapshot9.png

Comment

thats my net books settings,
                            the first desktop is for general purpose stuff.. i have rssnow,fuzzy clock , and toplike plasma's (as well as a microblogger on my panel)

the second desktop is ONLY for firefox (it will always start there fullscreened)
                            Attached Files
                            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

@ sithlord48

Out of interest, how do you switch between desktops, CTRL + Fx?

Comment

Whooooo, apart from the obvious showing off (shame upon you!) bloody nice You must have a decent GPU to get the folding of the window done so smoothly - which one if I may ask?

Am also impressed by conky doing the different wallpapers. What is it with me? I tried dibl's solution but it renders _only_ the default wallpaper in conky and it looks #&%$e on my other activities...

Oh, and show us the hidden panel, will you?
                                Hey thanks toad! (of toad hall fame?)

Actually my GPU is quite old now, but it was fairly powerful in it's day - Nvidia 6800 GS using Nvidia driver. It seems to get along very nicely with kwin, compiz works well in a LXDE setting and the E17 ecomorph compiz-style also works well.

Like you, I realised that conky looks pants when trying to do the feh workaround with different wallpapers on different desktops, so I opted to use translucency instead, with a background to match the plasma theme. For kwin you can now set that in window behaviour > window specific and there are similar options for compiz users.

Hidden panel is just a panel - nothing special

Hey BigCityCat - If you're anything like me, even when you get something you're pleased with, there's always something else that can be tweaked a little

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X