Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can shoot all info on blue screen if needed. It's pretty quick.
    No need, your Kubuntu is working OK. That scroll screen is controlled by a "quiet" setting on the kernel options ... I'm forgetting this stuff, but it is controllable.

*GNU/Linex
    Advanced options for Linux
    Windows Boot Manager (dev/ (after the slash I think it had sv2 or something similar)
    System Setup
    Well, that's it! It looks OK to me. You could select the option Windows Boot Manager and boot into Windows -- if you had time to do so!

When you see that "blue screen" again, hit ANY key, like the Up Arrow key, quickly. Does that freeze the screen for you? then select Windows to boot?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Got the "red" root folders showing. Trying to find the "clock"
      Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        No need, your Kubuntu is working OK. That scroll screen is controlled by a "quiet" setting on the kernel options ... I'm forgetting this stuff, but it is controllable.

Well, that's it! It looks OK to me. You could select the option Windows Boot Manager and boot into Windows -- if you had time to do so!

When you see that "blue screen" again, hit ANY key, like the Up Arrow key, quickly. Does that freeze the screen for you? then select Windows to boot?
        Ok, I'll do that in just a tad. Clock?
        HP15 -
        -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Back to my Post #231:

You can navigate to the file /etc/default/grub by opening Dolphin (in the K > menu, for now you don't need to open it as root), click the red root in Places (on the left side bar), and go from there, clicking folders to open them -- one-click should open them, or you can configure it so one click does the trick, I think one-click is default in Kubuntu. Make sure that line is not zero:
          GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
          (10 seconds seems to be the default setting on my systems--plenty of time to see the GRUB boot menu showing Windows and K(U)buntu.)
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

/etc/default/grub

So, /etc is a folder (same as directory)
            /default is a folder (same as directory)
            and grub is a text file (editable by you, as root)

Comment

btw, to refresh your Kubuntu forums screen, hit the What's New button (top left of your screen) -- then you can see the latest posts.

Comment

They are all black / white text files or folders and there is no grub in /default.
                HP15 -

Comment

there is no grub in /default.
                  Yes there is. It's a text file, not a folder.

Comment

They are all black / white text files or folders and there is no grub in /default. There's a grub.d folder in /etc but I don't think that's it.
                    HP15 -

Comment

They are all txt files in /default, and in alphabetical order and there is no grub.
                      HP15 -

Comment

So, again, just to be clear,
                        /etc/default/grub

So, /etc is a folder (same as directory)
                        /default is a folder (same as directory)
                        and grub is a text file (editable by you, as root)
                        You are navigating through etc then to default then to the text file grub but you don't see the grub?

Comment

I'm assuming I'm looking for a .txt in /default named grub. No "g" lettered .txt file at all. They go from "d" to "h".
                          HP15 -

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                            So, again, just to be clear,

You are navigating through etc then to default then to the text file grub but you don't see the grub?
                            Correct. No grub.
                            HP15 -

Comment

I'm assuming I'm looking for a .txt in /default named grub
                              More precisely:

You are looking for a .txt in /etc/default named grub.

Comment

Oh boy. Sounds like your GRUB is messed up. There's a way to fix it, and that's another trip ...

Comment

Working...
                                X