This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New subforum

Due to the level of interest and number if questions and discussion on about using BTRFS this subforum is alive for the time being. I will move all my threads relating to BTRFS to this location. If you have a BTRFS specific threads of your own you would like moved, make it known.

Please Read Me

Nice location to put it!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

+1 good idea .

at the moment their is BTRFS stuff all over the place in this forum and ?? well not hard , but less than convenient to find at times.

if moving it all is not convenient then linked to ,,? maybe

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

at the moment their is BTRFS stuff all over the place in this forum and ?? well
        Ain't that the truth! The only way I have found to search here is to use the form:
        site:kubuntuforums.net <some_search_term>
        But even then, you are right -- bits and pieces in many places.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

[EDIT] This is fixed now, I can find this sub-forum in the menu tree. THANKS!

The forum-subforum menu system doesn't show this BTRFS subforum in the next higher level list. I had to use this thread itself to find this subforum.

If you use the breadcrumb trail, at the top of this thread, you'll see what I mean. Go up one level to Miscellaneous Linux Info and you see no listing for the BTRFS subforum.
          FYI
          Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Jul 11, 2018, 09:08 AM.
          Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.7, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I would like my btrfs questions moved to the new subvolume. Do I have to specify them, or does the forum find them easily enough?

Comment

GreyGeek@

The 'Administrative' button is visible only to those with Administrative privileges.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
                The forum-subforum menu system doesn't show this BTRFS subforum in the next higher level list. I had to use this thread itself to find this subforum.

If you use the breadcrumb trail, at the top of this thread, you'll see what I mean. Go up one level to Miscellaneous Linux Info and you see no listing for the BTRFS subforum.
                FYI
                This is strange. In Opera I coudn't see it until I loged in to forum. On chromium and firefox I can see it without login.

Comment

No, I just 'opened' the sub-forum a few minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    GreyGeek@

The 'Administrative' button is visible only to those with Administrative privileges.
                    Strange. It appears only on threads I started, except one, and never on threads about BTRFS by others
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

As a 'Retired Administrator', you still have some Administrative privileges.

Comment

Thank you Snowhog!
                        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.7, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                          As a 'Retired Administrator', you still have some Administrative privileges.
                          Keyword being "some". Still can't help move threads to Btrfs that I didn't start, AND, I can't move threads I DID start if the thread is closed.

Comment

If there are CLOSED threads that you started, and you want to move them to the BTRFS sub-forum, give me the links to them and I'll OPEN them so you can.

Comment

Working...
                            X