Code:
    sudo pkcon update
    [sudo] password for mr_raider:
    Getting updates [=========================]
    Finished [=========================]
    Testing changes [=========================]
    Fatal error: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    plasma-workspace: Depends: libappstreamqt2 (>= 0.16.2) but it is not installable
    Depends: liblayershellqtinterface5 (>= 5.27.10) but it is not installable
    kio-extras: Depends: kio-extras-data (= 4:23.08.4-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build34) but 4:24.02.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build39 is to be installed
    powerdevil: Depends: powerdevil-data (= 4:5.27.10-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build36) but 4:6.0.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build42 is to be installed
    libkimageannotator0: Depends: libkimageannotator-common (= 0.5.3-1) but 0.7.0-0xneon1+22.04+jammy+release+build3 is to be installed
    plasma-desktop: Depends: plasma-desktop-data (= 4:5.27.10-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build47)

​

Comment

Would this problem be among the results of the upgrade?

$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree... Done
      Reading state information... Done
      Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
      Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
      Investigating (0) update-manager-core:amd64 < 1:22.04.18 -> 1:22.04.19 @ii umU Ib >
      Broken update-manager-core:amd64 Depends on ubuntu-advantage-tools:amd64 < none | 31.2~22.04 @un umH > (>= 30~)
      Considering ubuntu-advantage-tools:amd64 0 as a solution to update-manager-core:amd64 11
      Removing update-manager-core:amd64 rather than change ubuntu-advantage-tools:amd64
      Investigating (0) update-notifier-common:amd64 < 3.192.54.6 @ii mK Ib >
      Broken update-notifier-common:amd64 Depends on update-manager-core:amd64 < 1:22.04.18 | 1:22.04.19 @ii umR > (>= 1:17.04.2)
      Considering update-manager-core:amd64 11 as a solution to update-notifier-common:amd64 2
      Removing update-notifier-common:amd64 rather than change update-manager-core:amd64
      Investigating (1) ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 < 3.8ubuntu2 @ii mK Ib >
      Broken ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 Depends on update-notifier-common:amd64 < 3.192.54.6 @ii mR > (>= 0.119ubuntu2)
      Considering update-notifier-common:amd64 2 as a solution to ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 19
      Added update-notifier-common:amd64 to the remove list
      Fixing ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 via keep of update-notifier-common:amd64
      Investigating (1) update-notifier-common:amd64 < 3.192.54.6 @ii mK Ib >
      Broken update-notifier-common:amd64 Depends on update-manager-core:amd64 < 1:22.04.18 | 1:22.04.19 @ii umR > (>= 1:17.04.2)
      Considering update-manager-core:amd64 11 as a solution to update-notifier-common:amd64 2
      Removing update-notifier-common:amd64 rather than change update-manager-core:amd64
      Investigating (2) ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 < 3.8ubuntu2 @ii mK Ib >
      Broken ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 Depends on update-notifier-common:amd64 < 3.192.54.6 @ii mR > (>= 0.119ubuntu2)
      Considering update-notifier-common:amd64 2 as a solution to ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 19
      Added update-notifier-common:amd64 to the remove list
      Fixing ttf-mscorefonts-installer:amd64 via keep of update-notifier-common:amd64
      Investigating (2) update-notifier-common:amd64 < 3.192.54.6 @ii mK Ib >
      Considering update-manager-core:amd64 11 as a solution to update-notifier-common:amd64 19
      Added update-manager-core:amd64 to the remove list
      Fixing update-notifier-common:amd64 via keep of update-manager-core:amd64
      Try to Re-Instate (3) update-manager-core:amd64
      Investigating (3) update-manager-core:amd64 < 1:22.04.18 | 1:22.04.19 @ii umH Ib >
      Broken update-manager-core:amd64 Depends on python3-update-manager:amd64 < 1:22.04.18 -> 1:22.04.19 @ii umU > (= 1:22.04.18)
      Considering python3-update-manager:amd64 11 as a solution to update-manager-core:amd64 19
      Added python3-update-manager:amd64 to the remove list
      Fixing update-manager-core:amd64 via keep of python3-update-manager:amd64
      Try to Re-Instate (4) python3-update-manager:amd64
      Done
      Entering ResolveByKeep
      Calculating upgrade... Done
      The following packages have been kept back:
      libldap-2.5-0 libldap-common python3-update-manager update-manager-core
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

Also, apt-get finds no corrections, whereas Discover says there are some.

distro-info

Upgrade to new version 1.1ubuntu0.2
      No release notes provided

ubuntu-pro-client-l10n

Upgrade to new version 31.2~22.04

ubuntu-pro-client

Upgrade to new version 31.2~22.04

Afterwards, it says a system restart is necessary. After all that, it still insists on the same updates.

C'est fou!
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Seeing the same thing here except the end is different:
        Code:
        Entering ResolveByKeep
        Calculating upgrade... Done
        The following packages will be REMOVED:
         update-manager-core
        The following packages have been kept back:
         libldap-2.5-0 libldap-common libpython2.7-minimal libpython2.7-stdlib python2.7 python2.7-minimal
        The following packages will be upgraded:
         python3-update-manager
        1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
        Need to get 39.1 kB of archives.
        After this operation, 197 kB disk space will be freed.

​

Please Read Me

Comment

What I think is going on is that Ubuntu have releases updates to things like ubuntu-advantage-tools, which derivative distros often block by creative pinning, etc. A new version might not be getting blocked.
          neon uses a 'dummy' package called neon-ubuntu-advantage-tools to replace ubuntu-advantage-tools, but new version can muck with this.

I see similar reports over on Linux Mint;'s forums, among others.
          On top of that, the ubuntu msttcorefonts package has weird dependencies as well, affecting the ubuntu-pro and advantage-tools stuff, which depend on the update-manager stuff.
          I am not even sure of we need any of the update-manager stuff on neon

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=415697&hilit=ubuntu+advantage+tool s
          and
          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/2058032

Give it time, since it is the weekend, and someone will have sorted this out.
          Last edited by claydoh; Mar 16, 2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

And I get This which prevents upgrading of other available packages.
            marco@t540p
            :~$ pkcon update
            Getting updates [=========================]
            Testing changes [=========================]
            Fatal error: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
            neon-ubuntu-advantage-tools: Breaks: ubuntu-advantage-tools

marco@t540p:~$

Comment

Since I've been unable to work since last Thursday I took the time to go through all my hidden DOT files and find and delete
              everything containing 'konsole'

After logging out and back in, right-click Open Terminal was back in action.

I had to setup my User Profile again but that took a few minutes!
              Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Working...
              X