• MoonRise
    replied
    Waiting........

Leave a comment:

• anika200
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    Has it come yet, Vinny? Huh? Huh? Huh?
    Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. He must have went to work after all...
    Last edited by anika200; Oct 08, 2014, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    Has it come yet, Vinny? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Leave a comment:

• perspectoff
    replied
    Yeah, I'm embarrassed to say I got an Acer Chromebook on sale locally for $150 (big box chain store) instead and threw Kubuntu onto it (instead of Chrome).

My daughter wanted an Asus touchscreen notebook which I picked up today for $209 on sale in a different big box chain store and I threw Kubuntu onto it as well (it came with the horrendous Windows 8.1, which I kept because her school uses some Windows programs).

Kubuntu works so well/quickly on both that I had no qualms doing either.

I wish I could afford to support System 76, but I don't have that kind of need (or cash). October in the US has the deepest discounts on slightly older computer models (in order to make room for Xmas models). I always buy in early October.
    Last edited by perspectoff; Oct 07, 2014, 09:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    A few weeks ago I ordered a Minecraft T-shirt for my grandson for a special occasion. I tracked to "Out for delivery" but it never arrived. I got an email saying it would be delayed one or two days. When I pulled up FedEx tracking it showed the package went from Omaha to Lincoln, back to Omaha, down to El Paso, Tx, to a northern suburb of Dallas, to Kentucky, then to Omaha and on to Lincoln, where it was delivered four days after I got the "Out for delivery" msg.
    Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    Trying to make Vin worry huh!!??
    OMG ,,,,,,, that’s it , I'm taking off work tomorrow to sit on the front porch and wait, and call, and track , and pace ,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• MoonRise
    replied
    Trying to make Vin worry huh!!??

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    A few weeks ago I ordered a Minecraft T-shirt for my grandson for a special occasion. I tracked to "Out for delivery" but it never arrived. I got an email saying it would be delayed one or two days. When I pulled up FedEx tracking it showed the package went from Omaha to Lincoln, back to Omaha, down to El Paso, Tx, to a northern suburb of Dallas, to Kentucky, then to Omaha and on to Lincoln, where it was delivered four days after I got the "Out for delivery" msg.

Leave a comment:

• Qqmike
    replied
    Can relate, Vinny. About 80% of my Amazon orders get here just fine. About 20% get to my town on-time, but then I find out they have sat at my Post Office for an extra day or two instead of being put in my box!

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    the package tracking sead it got to Greensboro today ,,,,,,,, thats just 45min. away ,,,,,,,,Why ,,,,,O why could it not get hear ,,,,,,hear Dang it ................

my fingers are itchy to shrink the Ubuntu partition and add 2-3 Kubuntu partitions .................................................. .

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• Qqmike
    replied
    SteveRiley, you simply press the Splitter button on the PC, split off into the appropriate parallel universe (select from the drop-down list), and you check for yourself what worked and what didn't. Of course, once there (in that choice), you will affect everything there, especially by your observations. Anyway, details aside, you might try it and see ...

Leave a comment:

• claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    I wish I could be very happy!
    Lol same here, I ordered an eBay laptop that is quite literally taking the scenic route to get to me. Basically the same 2008 Dell core 2 machine I have now, but with a 15.4 inch screen. 50 bucks shipped.

I don't allow myself to go into the laptop section in any store, too depressing.
    And far too much drooling:eek:

Vinny, Sounds like a fun machine you are getting!:cool:
    Last edited by claydoh; Oct 04, 2014, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SteveRiley
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    The only problem with a true quantum PC is that it will work and it won't work, but not both at the same time.
    But how can you be sure, hmmm?

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    Uh oh ... It's missing the "patience" pluging! Better ship it back when it gets here!

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    it shiped today ,,,,,,,Weeeeeeeee

check list ,,,,,,,,
    extra space on computer table > check
    new wireless mouse > check
    new USB-3 stick with kubuntu-14.04.1 on it > check
    empty plugin on the power strip > check
    patience >>>>> NO

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    Looks like they wanted ... and really appreciate ... your business, Vinny!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X