No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flipped back to Neon 6 on the spare computer for the moment after deciding that editing that Kubuntu Installer .mod file every time I want to play with the pre-releases of Kubuntu 24 is going to really annoy me.
    I'm leaving the completely translucent theme for now, but might switch back to Half and Half again the way I do with Kubuntu. For now the difference is a reminder about which one I am using (whenever I am not operating in aNoMachine window).
    I need to remember what I used to edit in a previous iteration to get my matching Red Progress Bar in Vlc . .

Comment

I'm not sure if this will work, but here goes . .
      Neon 6 (Plasma 6) with some transparency showing 3 Activities with 5 Desktops - and Animated Wallpaper on Activity 3:

E D I T: In response to an email, no I did not install an App or run a script to get the Animated Wallpaper. It is just basic Neon 6 / Plasme 6

E D I T - 2: I am always going on about using NoMachine for VNC.
      Here's a similar Screen Capture video of KDE Neon's Desktop, but it is running on the m93p - and viewed in a Virtual Desktop on my m900 running Mint/Kubuntu hybrid Plasma 5. Both systems are i5 'laptop processors'.

NoMachine is forwarding the KDE Neon 6 Desktop of the m93p as Video - but it is also streaming the Audio of the YouTube video playing on the m93p - to the m900.
      I've used and extensively tested all the completely Open Source VNC servers / clients - but they don;t come close.
      Last edited by rossdv8; Apr 05, 2024, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Nice!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Nice!
          Thanks. I enjoyed Beta testing Neon, and I'm looking forward to Kubuntu 24.10 'possibly' coming out with Plasma 6 once all the wrinkles are ironed out. Obviously I will butcher Kubuntu in much the same was as I did Neon 6 - but that's Linux.
          That video is with Neon running an X11 session - but unlike my current Mint/Kubuntu Hybrid - Neon 6 is still running its own Kwin - not Compiz that I use for Kubuntu and Plasma. I still do not like some of the Wayland glitches. But Plasma 6 is smooooth and flexible.
          Last edited by rossdv8; Apr 05, 2024, 02:58 AM. Reason: Deleted the Happy Puppy

Comment

Not much change, still Amy Dark with Papirus Folders and used papirus-folders-gui to change the colour.
            Attached Files
            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

For weeks now I have not had enough time to do something "nice" in my Kubuntu 24.04 LTS installation (meaning: I have not had time to install Latte Dock yet ) - this is the current set-up with Plasma Panels :​

Click image for larger version

Name:	K24-1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	678624

Name:	K24-2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	678625
              Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 27, 2024, 07:40 AM.
              Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
              Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
              install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Replaced the "interim" font Cabin with my preferred SF Pro Display.
                For monospaced fonts I favour Fira Code.

Name:	K24-3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	678645
                Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 27, 2024, 02:17 PM.

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
                  ...screenshot...
                  The snowy mountains immediately behind the green valley reminds me of Austria...

Regards, John Little

Comment

Could be. Hard to tell if those are snowy mountains behind or clouds above the city in the valley…
                    I just know that this wallpapers calms me.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                      The snowy mountains
                      I only see clouds.
                      Although the scene is idyllic, the city I find menacing. As if it will sprawl and devour the countryside.

Comment

Working...
                      X