No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. There was really not much time necessary to do this…
    Oh - it also was in the late 90s when I started experimenting with S.u.S.E. and Yellow Dog Linux.
    Until KDE Plasma 5 was released (about 10 years ago?) I had preferred GNOME 2 for my private computers - alongside Mac OS X.
    Since Plasma 5 came out Linux has become my main OS - Windows has never been my primary system, not from Windows 3 till 11, but I always had to have something to do with it.

In the meantime I centered the left dock, I think it looks better this way (although more "normal") - that's the way I also have set it up in Debian and Kubuntu.
    I don't use any transparency or blur in openSUSE, because in my opinion those do not work well with Solarized Light :

Click image for larger version  Name:	ost3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	668735
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 27, 2023, 05:34 PM. Reason: typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Love that choice of wallpaper there!

Comment

If you like to look at wallpapers, here is my "main" OS (still with Latte Dock and I still like Breeze ):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230321_132650.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	669276

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230321_134956.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	669279
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 21, 2023, 12:05 PM.

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

For Wallpapers, I take a different approach. What I do is collect photos that I have taken or borrowed and put them in a Wallpaper file and then "Configure Desktop and Wallpaper" to access this file and change the images in the file, say every 15 minutes. As I have an external monitor as well, I have another wallpaper file to access. An example of the images in one of my wallpaper files is attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallpapers.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	669412

Comment

Nice photos! Most of them look like I would enjoy living there (if a good internet connection is provided ).

Comment

After the update to Plasma 5.27.x for Kubuntu 22.04 LTS from the Kubuntu Backports Extra PPA unfortunately some little annoyances with Latte Dock increased (Latte Dock is still at version 0.10.8 for 22.04 and there is no chance to update it, because of the newer versions' dependencies).

So with some regret I decided to get rid of Latte Dock - at least in Kubuntu 22.04. I still happily use it in Debian 12 and openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Today I had some spare time and tried to recreate my usual desktop layout with onboard Plasma tools - the update to Plasma 5.27.x does make it possible to have more or less decent floating panels now.
              I also used the "new" Thermal Monitor plug-in for my top panel.

I am still not quite sure about the outcome.
              There is a lot of eye-candy (and some of the eye-candy also has a functional aspect…) that is missing now.
              You cannot see this on the screenshots, but examples are: missing shadows, fixed gaps, the "defloating" of a panel when you maximise a window in Plasma is a bit "meh", there is no parabolic effect at all in the mimicked dock, of course, and the indicators in the Plasma panel "dock" are also a bit, well, "inferior" (and there are no good Plasma plug-in for those things yet).
              Enough of the ranting - I guess I will eventually get used to it - one day…

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231107_203800.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	675084

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231107_204749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.1 KB ID:	675085
              The terminal font is Fira Code, btw.
              Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Nov 07, 2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
                Enough of the ranting - I guess I will eventually get used to it - one day…
                You can't live in the past .... forever.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, one can try…

No - you are right of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
                    No - you are right of course!
                    Remember the dyed in the wool KDE 3 people? Do they still exist?
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, I don't - sorry.
                      I think at this time I was using either Yellow Dog Linux or SuSE Linux with GNOME 2 and my main OS was Mac OS X.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	kubuntu-grub-menu.jpg Views:	4 Size:	178.4 KB ID:	675231

Kubuntu 24.04 on top, Windows and Kubuntu 23.10 below. Thanks to Ubuntustudio and other grub menus.
                        Last edited by cookiemuncher; Nov 12, 2023, 03:41 AM.

Comment

My winter 2023/24 screen shot.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-20231114-061904.png
Views:	137
Size:	990.4 KB
ID:	675276
                          Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

I can feel the snow on my clothes…

Comment

I was thinking the same, I got chills looking at the pic .

Comment

My latest desktop... Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240104_091607sm.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	676041

I had to resize it from 7860 to 4600 to post it, lol

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                                X