• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the wallpaper there!!

Comment

• oshunluvr
      oshunluvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - just found it on the web, but it reminds me of a trip to Ireland we took a couple years ago...

I don't know why it never occurred to me to put a Folder View widget on the desktop! It saves going to the drop down Folder icon on the Panel!
    Attached Files
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

I finally found another theme that I like: Amy Dark!

https://store.kde.org/p/2011602
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice.
        Your screenshots look a bit like my Kubuntu 23.10 test installation - I also use this background in combination with a dark theme.

And l4k1 is one of the good designers there who cares and regularly updates the themes/icon sets.
        I like her green Breeze variant "Breeze-openSUSE Light Icons" very much.
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 24, 2024, 09:01 AM.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Geez, time flies. It's been 10 years since I logged in here.

So, I started using Kubuntu again last year after rebuilding Mint over a few years into a sort of 'FrankenMint', running Kubuntu blended into Xfce.
          Then last year I acquired a couple of 10 year old MS Surface Pro 3 Tablets, and while Cinnamon ran perfectly on them as a Tablet OS, I wanted Plasma. Kubuntu didn't auto-rotate the screen when I turned the thing from Landscape to Portrait. So I tried Neon and it didn;t either.
          So I suggested a fix to the guys working in Neon 6 Beta, and they added the fix, and I'm now running both Surface Pros on Plasma 6 - which works perfectly and Rotates from Landscape to Portrait perfectly.
          I'll do a test on Kubuntu 23.10 soon and see if auto rotate is working yet on Kubuntu with the Surface Pro.

That left me wondering about my 'spare' computer that I view using NoMachine VNC.
          I tried Neon 6 (Plasma 6) all through the betas and I liked it - but I like 'playing with themes', and Neon isn;t quite there yet.
          Then Kubuntu 23.10 was available and I started using it. As usual, Kubuntu has almost all the bells and whistles. I can;t theme things as well (the way 'I' like it - not the way a normal sane person would . .) as I can with Mint, but it is getting there.
          Here's Kubuntu 23.10 on a Lenovo m93p 'Tiny' running in a NoMachine VNC Window on a Virtual Desktop of 'FrankenMint' 23.1 on the L:enovo m900.

I have a feeling Kubuntu is going to stay on the m93p.
          Sorry for the horrible things I do to the poor old Kubuntu Theme :-)

All those Panels are on the edges of the Mint screen, mostly to give me a place to scroll to change Desktops when I have Full Screen Apps running.

Here's Kubuntu without the Mint Desktop in the background:

Last edited by rossdv8; Mar 08, 2024, 09:17 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple of typos (Old bloke - Clumsy fingers)

Comment

Originally posted by rossdv8 View Post
            Geez, time flies. It's been 10 years since I logged in here.
            Welcome back!
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog, It's nice to be back even though in 2009 I was mostly Lurking.

I've been 'Linuxing Only' since I dropped Windows from our business machines in 1998, but mostly using Distros I was actively involved in at the time, like Mandrake, Mepis, PCLOS etc.
              I like the Ubuntu base of Kubuntu, but I dislike Snaps (it's a taste thing" and tend to use AppImages a lot. Neon 6 has been fun as it developed, but back in Kubuntu, watching 'backports' and also the repos, I can see a lot of Qt 6 stuff available, so I'm looking forward to Qt6 filtering through to Kubuntu as Apps are tested.
              I'll probably lose most of my transparency Apps, especially once we switch over to Wayland, but that's going to happen to everyone at some time.

Cheers,
              RossD
              Last edited by rossdv8; Mar 09, 2024, 04:21 PM. Reason: Typos - as usual . .

Comment

• oshunluvr
                oshunluvr commented
                Editing a comment
                Several threads on the forum explaining how to "de-snap" your install and even some scripts that automate the process.

Desktop Wallpaper on my new PC running Kubuntu 23.10.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240309_212716.jpg Views:	14 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	677300
              Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 10, 2024, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I can't get rid of the feeling that someone is watching me - but I have absolutely no idea why…
                Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

A little different, but not much...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Snowhog A s c e n d en t - that is one of the spookiest wallpapers I've ever seen! Great 3D effect
                    Last edited by rossdv8; Mar 10, 2024, 10:53 PM. Reason: Brain Fog

Comment

Latest imagery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5364.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	677380

Comment

Well, those wallpapers will keep the kids out of dad's office, LOL

Please Read Me

Comment

KDE 23.10 works nicely with any of your choice from about a dozen File Managers . .

And it is nice to be able to get some use out of Activities again. I've been using Compiz as my WM for the last few years with Plasma 5 - and while it does Activities - it doesn;t 'Do' Activities.
                          Now that I'm running Kubuntu and Neon on the spare machine I realise just how much I used to enjoy grouping my work flow
                          Last edited by rossdv8; Mar 14, 2024, 04:06 AM. Reason: Replaced Screenshot

Comment

I like it, good job.

Comment

Working...
                            X