No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flipped back to Neon 6 on the spare computer for the moment after deciding that editing that Kubuntu Installer .mod file every time I want to play with the pre-releases of Kubuntu 24 is going to really annoy me.
    I'm leaving the completely translucent theme for now, but might switch back to Half and Half again the way I do with Kubuntu. For now the difference is a reminder about which one I am using (whenever I am not operating in aNoMachine window).
    I need to remember what I used to edit in a previous iteration to get my matching Red Progress Bar in Vlc . .

Comment

I'm not sure if this will work, but here goes . .
      Neon 6 (Plasma 6) with some transparency showing 3 Activities with 5 Desktops - and Animated Wallpaper on Activity 3:

E D I T: In response to an email, no I did not install an App or run a script to get the Animated Wallpaper. It is just basic Neon 6 / Plasme 6

E D I T - 2: I am always going on about using NoMachine for VNC.
      Here's a similar Screen Capture video of KDE Neon's Desktop, but it is running on the m93p - and viewed in a Virtual Desktop on my m900 running Mint/Kubuntu hybrid Plasma 5. Both systems are i5 'laptop processors'.

NoMachine is forwarding the KDE Neon 6 Desktop of the m93p as Video - but it is also streaming the Audio of the YouTube video playing on the m93p - to the m900.
      I've used and extensively tested all the completely Open Source VNC servers / clients - but they don;t come close.
      Last edited by rossdv8; Apr 05, 2024, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Nice!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Nice!
          Thanks. I enjoyed Beta testing Neon, and I'm looking forward to Kubuntu 24.10 'possibly' coming out with Plasma 6 once all the wrinkles are ironed out. Obviously I will butcher Kubuntu in much the same was as I did Neon 6 - but that's Linux.
          That video is with Neon running an X11 session - but unlike my current Mint/Kubuntu Hybrid - Neon 6 is still running its own Kwin - not Compiz that I use for Kubuntu and Plasma. I still do not like some of the Wayland glitches. But Plasma 6 is smooooth and flexible.
          Last edited by rossdv8; Apr 05, 2024, 02:58 AM. Reason: Deleted the Happy Puppy

Comment

Not much change, still Amy Dark with Papirus Folders and used papirus-folders-gui to change the colour.
            Attached Files
            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

For weeks now I have not had enough time to do something "nice" in my Kubuntu 24.04 LTS installation (meaning: I have not had time to install Latte Dock yet ) - this is the current set-up with Plasma Panels :​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240426_224359.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	678593

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240426_224628.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	678594
              Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Today, 02:51 PM.
              Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
              Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
              install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
              X