This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
    Where is this 40_custom file as I can not find it?
    /etc/grub.d/40_custom

Note: locate is your friend. In a Konsole locate 40_cus would have immediately given what I show above.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks but I just found it. I should have re-read because he says where it is in the first paragraph of post #1.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

The emoit codes arn't working properly.
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

Four emotes -
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Four emotes -
            Probably an Internet glitch then. The Internet has been glitchy since it began back in the 70's. I know since I predate the Mini computers. When I was born they still used vacuum tubs because the transistor had been invented just a few years prior to my entrance into the mortal world. I was 7 when I read my first computer book. It was about core ring memory. Not lite reading for a 7 y/o! Of course the grey one probably got to work with literal debugging. To bad electricity and a can of raid don't mix!
            Last edited by steve7233; Sep 28, 2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Probably an Internet glitch then.
              if you clicked "go advanced" to see the post then posted it ,,,,,,,,,without scrolling down and unchecking "disable smilies in text" ,,,,,,,this would happen

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                if you clicked "go advanced" to see the post then posted it ,,,,,,,,,without scrolling down and unchecking "disable smilies in text" ,,,,,,,this would happen

VINNY
                Maybe that happened.

Can I use my @Kubuntu17.04 with Lbuntu 17.04 or would that not work with different windows managers?

Comment

I meant my kubuntu1704_home.

Comment

Maybe that happened.

Can I use my @Kubuntu17.04 with Lbuntu 17.04 or would that not work with different windows managers?
                    You can yes, often though - it's not advised. Sometimes where running vastly different distros you could potentially run into incompatibilities. The file manager would not be an issue at all.

As long as you're using Kubunutu 17.04 and Lubuntu 17.04 or any other *buntu based distros and they're on 17.04, I doubt you'll have any issues at all.

To do this - following post number 1, you can simply edit the fstab using the same home subvolume in every distro. I would be easier because you wouldn't have to rename all the @home subvolumes.
                    Last edited by oshunluvr; Sep 29, 2017, 11:49 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Never mind the wifi problem. I already found the fix on the Ubuntu forums.There is a bug in Lubuntu17.04.

Comment

I can boot into Lubuntu but not Kubuntu. I checked and the Kubuntu volumes are still there. I thought Kubuntu would come up first. I installed grub to sda5 so sda would still be Kubuntu. Isn't sda grub supposed to come up first?

Comment

I can boot into Lubuntu but not Kubuntu. I checked and the Kubuntu volumes are still there. I thought Kubuntu would come up first. I installed grub to sda5 so sda would still be Kubuntu. Isn't sda grub supposed to come up first?
                          I can't say what happened during install as I wasn't there, obviously, but it's easy enough to fix. When running Lubuntu, edit /etc/grub.d/40_custom and add Kubuntu in there using the process I describe in post #1, run update-grub, re-boot, select Kubuntu from the grub menu. Once you're back and running Kubuntu, run grub-install.

Please Read Me

Comment

I used sudo edit /etc/grub.d/40_custom to edit, but I can't enter anything after the period in the comments, where it says to enter the menu entery after the comment.

Comment

Use
                              kate sudoedit /etc/grub.d/40_custom
                              instead.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                                Use
                                kate sudoedit /etc/grub.d/40_custom
                                instead.
                                if he is on Kubuntu-17.04 ,,,,he has a kate version that will edit root owned files just fine by it's self ,,,,,,,,when saving the file it will ask for his password .

VINNY
                                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                                16GB RAM
                                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                                X