X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu Forum Header Graphic

never mind
    I'm French, I like to be kissed on the mouth!

Comment

I can't make the file size any smaller while keeping transparency. I could just give it to you on a white background... It just seems like earlier you requested transparent background. I still think having the background of the entire header row being the light blue of the theme here would look nice... I'll get around to shrinking that file a bit this evening.

Comment

I GIVE YOU...

Eye Candy Light
        and
        Eye Candy Dark

I still think that the lighter color would look better in background, but as it seems our site Admin, the kindly mr. Open Source, has chosen to go with the darker background, I have created the eye candy header with the dark background which uses about 1/3 the bandwidth of my previous version. I have also attached the light background version just in case... uh... well... just in case.

Open Source, I would just like to thank you for listening to all my nitpicky suggestions-- and for essentially providing free webhosting for my little graphic. I know this hasn't been an easy couple weeks for you, and yet you have remained faithful to this community. For this, good sir, I salute you.

and the attachments
        Attached Files

Comment

hows that eric? happy now? lol

Comment

on a scale from one to ten, I'd say it looks pretty damn hot! haha.

next stop: the icons. Any specifically needed at the moment?

Comment

There are a lot of them, but you can start with the main ones if you like. The red and blue folders don't look to great. Kubuntu gears would look cool. Or something else, whatever you think, just post it up.

Comment

Today's chat at #kubuntu-devel:

[21:10:14] <allee> jpatrick: you should merge upstream's debian/changelog.
                [21:10:21] <teprrr> should I then proceed with bumping the package version and resend to revu?
                [21:10:30] <Riddell> http://kubuntuforums.net/  yikes, what have they do to the logo
                [21:10:43] <jpatrick> Riddell: it's not my fault
                [21:11:28] <allee> teprrr: not sure.  ask \sh   I would prefer a ++ so I can easily use interdiff, but I'm don't know REVU convenstions for this
                [21:12:01] <teprrr> allee, okay. thanks.
                [21:12:02] <Riddell> just upload to revu, revu can do a debdiff for you

EDIT:

There's more...
                [21:18:19] <jpatrick> Riddell: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=29426
                [21:18:55] <jpatrick> allee: oKay
                [21:19:29] <Riddell> jpatrick: yeah, I like that one. have you e-mailed him?
                [21:19:30] <allee> jpatrick: I'm also not sure if the pkg is optiomal. the kmplayer meta pkgs is for my taste not needed
                [21:19:39] <Riddell> although canonical might be doing the artwork
                [21:19:41] <teprrr> http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1611 -- here we go again
                [21:19:49] <jjesse> that splash is cool
                [21:20:12] <teprrr> fullscreen splash would be übercool
                [21:20:46] <jpatrick> Riddell: no but: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...10996#msg10996
                [21:21:07] <jpatrick>
                [21:21:38] <Riddell> arg, you made me see that new kubuntuforums logo again!
                [21:21:52] <Riddell> "next week or so" last november
                [21:21:53] <Riddell> hmm
                [21:22:05] <jpatrick> last november?
                [21:22:31] <\sh> how doomed is this...that's ugly like hell...it should be removed, or the maintainer should be sued for using kubuntu as name
                [21:22:47] <Riddell> oh no, read the wrong date
                [21:23:06] <\sh> but http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=29426 this is really nice..
                [21:23:56] <jpatrick> \sh, Riddell : and matching KDM: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=29331
                [21:23:59] <\sh> or we should make a blue "hal 9000" cam eye and greeting the "going to login" user with: "Hello Dave (aka <real username>"
                [21:24:23] <\sh> jpatrick: yeah...that's the one we need...very professional

Comment

If people don't like it, I can keep trying.

I take it you share in their dismay, Patrick?

I can go simpler...

ego: -2 determination: +10

Comment

Is that graphic better for the time being or should I go back to the original graphic?

Comment

I don't know. Give them a day or two to see how they react I guess. I don't know that the opinion of 3 people speaks for the community as a whole anyway. Not everyone is going to be happy.

Comment

here's another option. Much cleaner. Couldn't figure out a way to make it look nice on the lighter background... still working on that.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ericesque
                          here's another option. Much cleaner. Couldn't figure out a way to make it look nice on the lighter background... still working on that.
                          This one looks fantastic ericesque ! Clean look, very similar to the official kubuntu logo, I like it better than the current logo for the forums. Great work, thanks so much!

Comment

I like that logo better as well. I will leave that one on there for now.

Comment

Thanks lmilano. Sometimes it just takes a while to get where you're heading. I learned quite a bit in the process of getting to what you see now. Hopefully everyone enjoys the new header. I think it beats the pants off of all the previous attempts I've made.

Another thanks goes to Open Source for his patience and for throwing up the new designs so quickly for me to see. Sometimes they look pretty good on their own when I'm working in PS, but when they get up on the site, they clearly need work.

Comment

Thank you and OpenSource once again!

In the future, if you have a few candidates to choose from when designing artwork, you may want to set a Poll in the forum (just a small idea)

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X