This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu Forum Header Graphic

hey guys. I'd be more than happy to do something unique for the header--as well as any other icons or graphics you need. My only stipulation is that I can do it in photoshop... that's not betraying the open-source movement or anything, is it?

.png okay?

Comment

here's a mockup. I'm still not completely happy with it... maybe you folks can give me some direction with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

no comments, no nothin eh

Comment

i like them, matches the theme very well. In the lettering can you use the darker blue that is in the theme here. i.e. look right above your graphic posts. The background for the ad is the blue you might want to try in order to get some more color in it. I don't know, tell me if you agree. looks good otherwise.

Comment

believe it or not the lower half of the kubuntu text IS the darker color from your theme. I agree that there is a lot of the lighter blue in the design though. I'm thinking I'll either make the highlighted part of that text smaller, or I might come up with a different way to highlight the text altogether.

Comment

Beautiful work, ericesque. Agree about the darker blue needed in the word but congratulations. (And did you do it in PS or did you give the gimp a go? )
              Cheers
              Lowey
              I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Thanks for the compliment lowey. I'll work out that coloration issue soon.

While I did do the above header in PS, I have since given gimp a go. I have to say I like it. For general quick graphic design and such, it works nicely and seems a tad snappier than PS. However, I don't think I'll ever make the switch for good. I'm looking at a career in graphic design. PS is simply too entrenched and from what I hear, Gimp just doesn't have all the necessary tools to make it a viable alternative in that kind of environment. I have to say I'm impressed though. I'll definitley be using Gimp for various projects.

Comment

here's a variation...
                  Attached Files

Comment

i like it. make a poll with your favorite one.

Comment

I may keep pushing the idea. It's not THAT different from the one we've got. I'm not sure it's actually better.

My thoughts on the header:

How can I make the image embody the ideals and philosophies Kubuntu?

What is Kubuntu really about? It's about eye candy. That's it.

We've got Debian. Ubuntu is based of Debian. Kubuntu is based of Ubuntu.

Debian's philosophy can be surmised: make it work. We need an OS that works.
                      Ubuntu takes this a step further saying: Yeah, make it work, but make it easy to use too!
                      Kubuntu says, sure guys, but we gotsta have the eye candy! 8)

So bring this idea together with the concept behind a forum: shared information for the furtherment of all parties involved--

and we've got cooperative eye candy? Perhapy generous eye candy?

Looks like I'm more tired than I thought. I have a Logo and Identity class this semester. I have to think about these kinds of things. What is the core...the root idea that this company/person/brand stands for? Then come up with how to represent this visually.

I think I need to bust out the eye candy. Whaddya think?

Comment

Eye candy is it. We need it to be catchy, crystal, yet professional. Are you into drawing logos because I could use your help on something else as well. let me know.

Comment

another... can't seem to break the thought process from these lines...
                          Attached Files

Comment

This header is currently 28 k if you can make it any smaller that would be great. Post here if you don't like the new header.

Comment

yeah. I can save it as a .gif so that I can preserve transparency and compress the image a bit. Not as much a fan of the latest header design, eh?

Comment

No I like it, just asking if everyone else does. I really like your last header you posted. Can you upload a copy of it with the entire kubuntu gear? And make it small. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X