Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also: Muon was broken on my install initally but the last update has it working for now. It did fail on one package group. It didn't handle a confliction properly and left a broken install process. apt -f install cleaned it up and Muon had worked OK since then.

Odd note: "confliction" wasn't in my spelling dictionary. Seems a common enough word. Weird.

Please Read Me

Comment

That would be (says I) because 'confliction' isn't a valid word (not defined by Merriam-Webster's or the Oxford English dictionary's). It's use is likely/certainly slang.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Dictionary.com says it's a form of conflict and it has been used in literature for ages - more than 100 years ago. And from Merriam-Webster on line:

Simple Definition of conflict

• : to be different in a way that prevents agreement : to say or express opposite things
        • : to happen at the same time as something else

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Full Definition of conflict

• intransitive verb
        • 1archaic : to contend in warfare
        • 2: to be different, opposed, or contradictory : to fail to be in agreement or accord <his statement conflicts with the facts>

confliction

play\kən-ˈflik-shən, kän-\ noun

conflictive

play\kən-ˈflik-tiv, ˈkän-ˌ\ adjective

Please Read Me

Comment

Ah, I saw Spectacle in the menu but didn't know what it was.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            Also: Muon was broken on my install initally but the last update has it working for now. It did fail on one package group. It didn't handle a confliction properly and left a broken install process. apt -f install cleaned it up and Muon had worked OK since then.
            If push comes to shove and that libkf5screen7 package won't install I may do a clean install from my persistent LiveUSB.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'm open to a Neon forum as I don't see any harm in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Source View Post
                I'm open to a Neon forum as I don't see any harm in that.
                Awesome, thanks!

Please Read Me

Comment

KDE neon forum has been created, located in General.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Thanks!
                    Lenovo T460s

Comment

Mucho gracias!
                      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                      K*Digest Blog
                      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Their forum is on forums.kde.org. You are already a member there; I just searched Members for MoonRise and a post you made/replied to in 2013 came up. How long has it been since you logged in there?

Oops! Scratch that. MoonRise 'as a member' wasn't found. Funny though, as I did the search within Members -- I thought.

I didn't think I had joined before but I don't know why the first request I received no e-mail and as stated subsequent tries say the e-mail address is already taken. I'll try later and see. No biggie now that we have the Neon forum here and your FAQ there fairly much answered what I was going to join to ask about.

Comment

Working...
                        X