This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another 2 joined Kubuntu!!!

Well, I have eleven grandchildren living within a few miles of me, and it is not unusual for several of them to be here at one time. So having individual computers is a little out of the question.

Comment

@Detonate - you are so fortunate to have everyone so close, but I've got to agree - individual computers would be out of the question. LOL

Comment

@kapil:

Sorry, I'm late to this thread but I saw one comment I'd like to respond to.

Re Mobil streaming: Ubuntu One does it with the "Mobile" plan and streams music (including your private collection) and syncs contacts. They support 'driod, blackberry and (shudder) iphone and many others.

On the downside: Windows support is still beta, but they're working on it and it's not free.

However, since we aren't paying for our OS - I always figured that freed up some of my money to buy apps and service as long as it's linux based.

On another note, I too have recently converted two neighbors - one to the netbook version of Ubuntu and the other to Kubuntu on her laptop. They both are amazed. The laptop owner was convinced she needed a new laptop because hers would no longer even boot. Took me 20 minutes to save her data, resize partitions, and install Kubuntu.

Please Read Me

Comment

@oshunluvr: hmm.. it is soo fast and easy with kubuntu usb stick. 8)
          i searched from ubuntuone mobile. read a bit..
          but i was disheartened to know the mobile service requires to pay some money..
          (correct me if i m wrong)
          asus A52N
          Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
          AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
          windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

Originally posted by kapil
            @oshunluvr: hmm.. it is soo fast and easy with kubuntu usb stick. 8)
            i searched from ubuntuone mobile. read a bit..
            but i was disheartened to know the mobile service requires to pay some money..
            (correct me if i m wrong)
            No, you're totally right. I just figured since I have a totally free OS that's awesome I could pay Canonical for storage, syncing and streaming.

Although, I was rather disheartened when I learned they have developed a windows client ahead of a native KDE client.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
              For several years I got the same feeling when I donated a computer with Linux, just wish I could do it more but nobody wants second hand stuff anymore...
              Hi...

Oh, they're out there.

Regards...
              Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
              How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
              PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Working...
              X