No announcement yet.

Plasma 6 observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, WHAT!?! Friday the 13th I'm sure that release will be totally bug free...

...ROFL

Honestly, I've worked through most of the issues I've had except the Dolphin group permissions bug. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

The other noticeable but inconsequential thing I encounter occasionally is the desktop will load twice. As in; boot, log in, KDE gears spin, primary screen loads background, there's a pause, then the gears return on both screens and spin for 10-15 seconds, then finally both monitors and the desktop loads correctly. This hasn't happened when waking up the screens, just at reboot-log in, and not all the time.

Please Read Me

Comment

Had a big update this morning. It now says Plasma 6.02. No issues so far.
      The login screen delay from 20-30 seconds is solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
        Had a big update this morning. It now says Plasma 6.02. No issues so far.
        The login screen delay from 20-30 seconds is solved!
        That is good to hear! Although I sometimes sound frustated lately (especially with the visual bugs that I encounter in Plasma 6, most of them in connection with the floating Plasma Panel or the "GNOMEish" look of the Overview/Grid View…) I appreciate the continual work of the developers!
        For me the delays were already solved with the first 6.0.0 updates in neon and the 6.0.1 update in Arch.
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 13, 2024, 05:33 AM.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
        X