No announcement yet.

Plasma 6 observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that Merkuro Mail is labelled as installed in Discover but if you try to launch it, it crashes.

I've also gone through all my DOT files and deleted everything I could find concerning Kalendar/Merkuro but no joy!
    Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

And, would you believe it, Merkuro Calendar now works! I just went into:

/home/.config/akonadi

and deleted everything in there and launced Merkuro and it popped up, no entries of course, so I'll just add back my Google
      account!

Comment

All I need now is the ability to right-click on the desktop to open a Terminal and stop the Panel from going to not floating when there is a windows nearby, even if there is plenty
        of room between them in pixels!

Comment

The first one is available
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240301_193058.png Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	677131
          I usually turn most options off, myself

The second one, you may have to pester Nico to do that, I think this is on purpose?
          Last edited by claydoh; Mar 02, 2024, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I've activated it but clicking on it does nothing. Maybe there's a broken config file for Konsole somewhere that I can't find!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
              I've activated it but clicking on it does nothing.
              Ditto.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Even though I tell myself not to, after I've finished using it I automatically close the window!

For the moment I've pinned its icon to the Panel Task Manager!

Comment

One issue I've seen that greatly hinders me is that KRDC is completely useless now. Cannot connect to anything. A lot of bug reports for the errors I get but seems to be no resolution. Even using xfreerdp from konsole is useless. I have work arounds, but KRDC was really the go to for me. Work arounds I guess it is now.

Comment

Whats a "smerver?" LOL

Please Read Me

Comment

Smurf owned server?

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
                      Another niggle is right-clicking on the desktop and selecting Open Terminal does nothing!
                      According to the Bug report, it's been RESOLVED FIXED, but it doesn't say when the fixed Dolphin will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                        According to the Bug report, it's been RESOLVED FIXED, but it doesn't say when the fixed Dolphin will be available.
                        When the next frameworks version is released, I will wager - it is an issue with kio, not Dolphin itself.
                        Not sure if they do "point' releases with frameworks, since it has a monthly cadence.

Comment

It appears, at least here, that /etc/sudoers.d/paul that contains: paul paul-virtualbox = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/apt-get,/usr/bin/apt,/usr/bin/add-apt-repository,/usr/bin/apt-add-repository,/usr/bin/ucaresystem-core isn't being honored since the upgrade to Plasma 6.

When I open a konsole and use one of my aliases: fullupgrade; that contains: 'clear; sudo apt full-upgrade'; I'm prompted for my password!

oshunluvr Are you seeing this too?

Comment

Just realized a few minutes ago, the contents of my Shared Folder that points to my user folder on my iMac (Host PC), setup in my VirtualBox VM, all have lock icons on them. I can see the contents, I can open them (Folders and files), I can click/drag them over to my Guest OS (Dolphin Split Windows), but I can not drag and drop content from the Guest to the Host.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 3.13.37 PM.png
Views:	82
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	677233

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                              When the next frameworks version is released, I will wager - it is an issue with kio, not Dolphin itself.
                              Not sure if they do "point' releases with frameworks, since it has a monthly cadence.
                              Fixed In Frameworks 6.1​

Comment

Working...
                              X