Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't write to external hd

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
    I redid the first step and got this:

    steve@steve-desktop:~$ cd /media && ls -la
    total 12
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 feb 2 2015 .
    drwxr-xr-x 25 root root 4096 dic 7 19:15 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 feb 2 2015 .directory -> /etc/kubuntu-default-settings/directory-media
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 42 feb 2 2015 .hidden -> /etc/kubuntu-default-settings/hidden-media
    drwxr-x---+ 5 root root 4096 dic 17 14:18 steve
    steve@steve-desktop:/media$
    OK next do
    Code:
    findmnt
    and
    Code:
    cd /mnt/steve/ && ls -la
    and pleas try to use the CODE tags ,,,,,at least for the "findmnt"

    this is strange as NTFS dose not use linux file permissions ,,,,,do you use the drive on a windows box as well ?

    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

    Comment


      #17
      I can't find the # button in this text box.

      Comment


        #18
        When you click + Reply to Thread or Post Quick Reply there are icon buttons immediately above the box you will type in. There is one that contains the # symbol.
        Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
        Windows no longer obstruct my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

        Comment


          #19
          OK, I'll try again. Here's the output:

          Code:
          TARGET                                   SOURCE     FSTYPE  OPTIONS
          /                                        /dev/sda5  ext4    rw,relatime,errors=remount-r
          ├─/sys                                   sysfs      sysfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ ├─/sys/kernel/security                 securityfs securit rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup                       tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,mode=755
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset              cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/memory              cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/pids                cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/rdma                cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct         cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/devices             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio               cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event          cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/freezer             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ │ └─/sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio    cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ ├─/sys/fs/pstore                       pstore     pstore  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ ├─/sys/fs/fuse/connections             fusectl    fusectl rw,relatime
          │ ├─/sys/kernel/config                   configfs   configf rw,relatime
          │ └─/sys/kernel/debug                    debugfs    debugfs rw,relatime
          ├─/proc                                  proc       proc    rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ └─/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc             systemd-1  autofs  rw,relatime,fd=30,pgrp=1,tim
          ├─/dev                                   udev       devtmpf rw,nosuid,relatime,size=3023
          │ ├─/dev/pts                             devpts     devpts  rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gi
          │ ├─/dev/shm                             tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev
          │ ├─/dev/mqueue                          mqueue     mqueue  rw,relatime
          │ └─/dev/hugepages                       hugetlbfs  hugetlb rw,relatime,pagesize=2M
          ├─/run                                   tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,si
          │ ├─/run/lock                            tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
          │ ├─/run/cgmanager/fs                    cgmfs      tmpfs   rw,relatime,size=100k,mode=7
          │ ├─/run/user/121                        tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,siz
          │ └─/run/user/1000                       tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,siz
          ├─/snap/falkon/23                        /dev/loop0 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
          ├─/snap/kde-frameworks-5/12              /dev/loop1 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
          ├─/snap/core/2774                        /dev/loop2 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
          ├─/snap/falkon/22                        /dev/loop3 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
          ├─/snap/core/2462                        /dev/loop4 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
          ├─/media/steve/Reservado para el sistema /dev/sda1  fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,use
          └─/media/steve/6ABAE7AABAE770CD          /dev/sda2  fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,use
          steve@steve-desktop:~$ cd /mnt/steve/ && ls -la
          bash: cd: /mnt/steve/: No such file or directory
          Last edited by oshunluvr; Dec 18, 2017, 08:56 AM.

          Comment


            #20
            I still can't see the bloody # key!

            Comment


              #21
              When you are typing a reply, click on the Go Advanced button. That makes the Advanced Editor available, and many more editing buttons will show. You should see it then.
              Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
              Windows no longer obstruct my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

              Comment


                #22
                OK, I'm doing that but there's nothing resembling a #, just 14 symbols looking suspiciously like emojis. I'm using a Spanish Latin American keyboard--does not make any difference? I don't think it should.

                Comment


                  #23
                  These are the ‘standard’ BB Code Icons in the Editor. I’ve circled the Code button. You don’t see anything like this?

                  Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
                  Windows no longer obstruct my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I get nothing like that at all. Here's a screenshot of what I get when I push Go Advanced button after calling up a reply text box:

                    see attachment
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      #25
                      one of your extensions is blocking it ,,,,,you can just type it ,,,,,, CODE] <paste hear>[/CODE] I left the first bracket [ off so you could see it .

                      I typed to fast the last time it should have been

                      Code:
                      cd /media/steve && ls -la
                      VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
                        I get nothing like that at all. Here's a screenshot of what I get when I push Go Advanced button after calling up a reply text box:

                        see attachment
                        Click on Settings > General Settings > Message Editor Interface and select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
                        Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
                        Windows no longer obstruct my view.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

                        Comment


                          #27
                          OK, I see it after changing the settings. Now, about that writing to an external hard disk problem...

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Back to the main problem. Here's the output to the findmnt command:

                            Code:
                            TARGET                                   SOURCE     FSTYPE  OPTIONS
                            /                                        /dev/sda5  ext4    rw,relatime,errors=remount-r
                            ├─/sys                                   sysfs      sysfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ ├─/sys/kernel/security                 securityfs securit rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup                       tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,mode=755
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio    cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/devices             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct         cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/rdma                cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/freezer             cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset              cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event          cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/pids                cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup/memory              cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ │ └─/sys/fs/cgroup/blkio               cgroup     cgroup  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ ├─/sys/fs/pstore                       pstore     pstore  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ ├─/sys/kernel/debug                    debugfs    debugfs rw,relatime
                            │ ├─/sys/kernel/config                   configfs   configf rw,relatime
                            │ └─/sys/fs/fuse/connections             fusectl    fusectl rw,relatime
                            ├─/proc                                  proc       proc    rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ └─/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc             systemd-1  autofs  rw,relatime,fd=24,pgrp=1,tim
                            ├─/dev                                   udev       devtmpf rw,nosuid,relatime,size=3023
                            │ ├─/dev/pts                             devpts     devpts  rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gi
                            │ ├─/dev/shm                             tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev
                            │ ├─/dev/hugepages                       hugetlbfs  hugetlb rw,relatime,pagesize=2M
                            │ └─/dev/mqueue                          mqueue     mqueue  rw,relatime
                            ├─/run                                   tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,si
                            │ ├─/run/lock                            tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
                            │ ├─/run/cgmanager/fs                    cgmfs      tmpfs   rw,relatime,size=100k,mode=7
                            │ ├─/run/user/1000                       tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,siz
                            │ └─/run/user/121                        tmpfs      tmpfs   rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,siz
                            ├─/snap/kde-frameworks-5/12              /dev/loop0 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
                            ├─/snap/core/2774                        /dev/loop1 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
                            ├─/snap/core/2462                        /dev/loop3 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
                            ├─/snap/falkon/23                        /dev/loop2 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
                            ├─/snap/falkon/22                        /dev/loop4 squashf ro,nodev,relatime
                            ├─/media/steve/6ABAE7AABAE770CD          /dev/sda2  fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,use
                            └─/media/steve/Reservado para el sistema /dev/sda1  fuseblk rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,use
                            I hope I did it right this time.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                              Because there is a space in the device name, you have to ‘escape’ it. So, you would type:

                              /root/media/steve/TOSHIBA\ EXT
                              I am probably late here, but this should be
                              /media/steve/
                              Not
                              /root/media/steve/

                              Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
                              Self-built: Asus PRIME B550M-K/Ryzen 5600GT/32Gb/Intel ARC B580 12Gb/KDE neon
                              HP Elitedesk 800 G3 Mini: i5-7500T(35w)/32Gb/Kubuntu LTS
                              HP Chromebook 14: i5-1135G7/8Gb/512Gb SSD/KDE Linux​

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                                I am probably late here, but this should be
                                /media/steve/
                                Not
                                /root/media/steve/

                                Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
                                Yes it should be, but that didn't work either.

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing This Topic

                                Collapse

                                There are 0 users viewing this topic.

                                Working...
                                X