Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what Maui has by default. I didn't personally go and install those. Had they not, I would probably be wondering still why the sound was like it was.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	643289

Comment

I assume this item means that the backend is coming to Neon as well. Not 100 % though.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Still not getting sound consistently here - even after installing the list Moonrise graciously provided. I got it to go on for a bit before by playing with various settings until it came on - now nothing. I'm still trying...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Still not getting sound consistently here - even after installing the list Moonrise graciously provided. I got it to go on for a bit before by playing with various settings until it came on - now nothing. I'm still trying...
          have you tried pavucontrole

pavucontrol/xenial,now 3.0-3build1 amd64 [installed]
          PulseAudio Volume Control
          it seams to be a bit more straight ford about setting streams to devices .

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes, no help unfortunately. It does give a nice amount of info - like telling you which outputs are connected.

Please Read Me

Comment

Have you tried my goto app, alsamixer?
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

yeah, no help. all looks normal

Please Read Me

Comment

That's peculiar as all of those and gstreamer seems to have resolved my issues. I know that doesn't help you none. I really can't figure why you would have such issues.

Comment

So this morning - I again played around with the sound - and right now I have audio.

I went through all the same steps as before. This time, the built-in audio had switched itself to Digital Out which isn't hooked up. I - for the umpteenth time - switched it back to Line Out - which ALSO shows unplugged even though it is - and I have sound. Go figure.

Also interestingly, the Headphone line showed Plugged In before, and now it doesn't.

I can't imagine why it seems to be randomly switching outputs and why they seem to be changing attributes all by themselves.

I suspect part of the issue might be that there are two sound devices - HDMI from the nVidia card and the built in AC1988B, and the AC1988B card has four outputs. However, this has never been a problem before...

Please Read Me

Comment

So how the rest of the day go?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                        So how the rest of the day go?
                        WET! You?

I live on a waterway. We got 18-24" higher than normal - water over my bulkhead into the yard and neighbor's dock underwater. All good now tho...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                          So this morning - I again played around with the sound - and right now I have audio.

I went through all the same steps as before. This time, the built-in audio had switched itself to Digital Out which isn't hooked up. I - for the umpteenth time - switched it back to Line Out - which ALSO shows unplugged even though it is - and I have sound. Go figure.

Also interestingly, the Headphone line showed Plugged In before, and now it doesn't.

I can't imagine why it seems to be randomly switching outputs and why they seem to be changing attributes all by themselves.

I suspect part of the issue might be that there are two sound devices - HDMI from the nVidia card and the built in AC1988B, and the AC1988B card has four outputs. However, this has never been a problem before...
                          This morning setting randomly changed again. Friggin' annoying.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hate to hear about the water and the sound. I've been fighting KWIN crashes. Did that even under Kubuntu 16.04 and it was that which got me to Maui eventually and it still does that.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                              Hate to hear about the water and the sound. I've been fighting KWIN crashes. Did that even under Kubuntu 16.04 and it was that which got me to Maui eventually and it still does that.
                              Here is info from Arch's wiki:

"Plasma keeps crashing with legacy Nvidia
                              This is caused by a bug in Plasma when using the Nvidia-304xx driver. Rather than disabling compositing, create a file kwin.sh in ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/ with the following contents:
                              #!/bin/sh
                              export KWIN_EXPLICIT_SYNC=0
                              Then go to system-settings > Startup and Shutdown > Autostart and Check/Add the script as a pre-KDE startup file. "

Might help, might no. Donno.
                              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well I'm on the 340.96 driver but I'm game to try that. Maybe the same issue? I'll give it a whirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X