This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Notification - Plasma Workspace - Login

Anyone else have issues where on Login the Play a Sound is not played if set to play?

It is working for me in here in Neon.

Did you just check the box to play and leave the default sound in there?
    sigpic

Comment

Either default or my own doesn't play on login.

Comment

Thought it might be something with Pulse and installed PAVUCONTROL and checked to make sure all is OK there. Still nothing on login. Weird and no errors to even try to determine why.

Comment

Standard questions: Is volume muted or otherwise turned way down?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I turned on my login sound to see if it works. It does. The only problem is that after I enter my password on the login screen it is replaced by the KDE logo in the center of a blue screen with a progress bar along the bottom of the logo. When the progress bar is at about 90% the login music has completed playing. From the time I hit the button after entering my password, to the moment I have a usable desktop, the desktop "up and ready" music finishes playing after 60-70% of that time has past. IOW, when it finishes playing the desktop has not yet appeared!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              Standard questions: Is volume muted or otherwise turned way down?
              Nope and Nope.

Wonder how I can test the other Notifications to see if they are working to see if it is the whole Notification system.

Comment

Look at AlsaInfo and Help To Debug and https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...uestion/295019 comment #3.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks! I'll look through though I can't really see what the issue is as I've never really had this issue before.

Comment

Well, this was a hard decision to do this but replaced KDE Neon with Maui to see how that progressed soundwise per this thread.

So, still did not work at first but went back to Systems Settings --> Audio --> Audio --> Backend. Here, Maui list VLC and GSTREAMER. VLC was the prefered as was under KDE Neon (KDE Neon did not list GSTREAMER). So I pushed GSTREAMER as the prefered and Ta-Da! Login sound now works.

So, anyone who has this issue under KDE Neon, this might help to install. Don't know if KDE Neon has that in their Repos as I can't really check now. At least Maui is based on KDE Neon so not a total wash!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                      VLC was the prefered as was under KDE Neon (KDE Neon did not list GSTREAMER).
                      Here on my newly-installed Neon system, I only have the VLC backend as well. Which to me is not an issue, but it is strange that the GStreamer backend is not listed as a default option in Neon, since installing the restricted packages during the initial installation DOES install the basic GStreamer restricted packages. However, it does not install phonon-backend-gstreamer and friends. My guess is that Maui adds these other packages back in, thus enabling them to appear in your audio back-end tab in system settings.
                      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                      K*Digest Blog
                      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Well, either way I'm glad as my sound works as it should now.

Comment

My devices keep dropping out of multimedia completely. They work for a bit, then disappear.

Please Read Me

Comment

I take it you're still on the VLC Backend? One reason why I'm staying with Maui as I don't know if I could find GStreamer.

Comment

Yeah, what gstreamer packages do you have installed?

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                              X