X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you do not have permission to access this page

Hi

If I browse to http://www.kubuntuforums.net/, it changes to http://www.kubuntuforums.net/content.php and gives me a vBulletin message:

jlittle, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    If I then click Forum or What's New, things proceed normally, so it's not a problem. I don't often look at the articles anyway.

If I log out, it says cookies cleared, then tells me the above, and invites me to log in. However, if I log in, I just get the same screen again. If I click Forums, all works as normal. If I log out, then click Forums, I'm still logged in, the page has come from the browser cache.

This with firefox 21 and rekonq 2.2.1. I have NoScript in firefox which can interfere with javascript, but vanilla rekonq.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

This should only happen if you are not logged in.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I just had the same error.
      Funny!
      Kubuntu 13.10 saucy 3.11.0-12-generic 64bit (el_GR.UTF-8, kde-plasma), Windows 7
      AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ ‖ RAM 1750 MiB ‖ ALiveNF6P-VSTA
      nVidia C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] [10de:03d0] {nvidia}
      eth0: nVidia MCP61 Ethernet [10de:03ef] (rev a2)

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        This should only happen if you are not logged in.
        I get the same when logged in.

btw, is there a reason why articles should be visible to logged in members only? If that's the page that shows when someone wanders to kubuntuforums.net, it doesn't seem terribly inviting :P

Comment

I don't know why but I too am having the same problem with the articles section on the kubuntuforums.net - is there such a restriction in place?
          Desktop Specs: Kubuntu 13.04 IA-32 | 500GB HD | Radeon HD 5450 | Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core "Northbridge" | 2GB RAM | Kernel 3.8.0 | DE: KDE 4.10.4

Comment

I apparently am not valued enough around here to get access to such restricted info, even when logged in sniff, sniff...

Please Read Me

Comment

I'm checking on this issue. So far I haven't found anything in the vBulletin settings that restricts access to the Home Page to logged in users, but I'm still looking.

Added:
              Found the settings and updated. Should be 'good to go' now. Please let me know otherwise.
              Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 15, 2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I got the same thing a few weeks ago and just hit the back arrow.

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I experience the same error described in this thread.

Additionally, I can access this page ONLY when I am logged OUT. When I am logged in, I get the "you do not have permission..." error and can't see it. Weird, huh

(I bought an "active" subscription today, btw.)
                  Last edited by rybnik; Aug 13, 2013, 07:14 PM.
                  I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

None of the Articles are restricted. If you have access to KFN, and especially if you are logged in to KFN, you have access to that page.

Comment

Originally posted by rybnik View Post
                      (I bought an "active" subscription today, btw.)
                      It wasn't successful. eChecks aren't accepted. You can setup a credit card for use with PayPal.

Comment

I might gently suggest that it is a "timing out" function of the forums somewhere.

As EVERYBODY knows, I make posts that are VERY SHORT, very pithy ....just a few lines at most! lol

But when the post gets just a teeensy weensy longer I get the same error.

"Most times" I can back arrow and try again, but often cannot.

woodsmoke
                        sigpic
                        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by snowhog
                          None of the Articles are restricted. If you have access to KFN, and especially if you are logged in to KFN, you have access to that page.
                          Nah, I can only access it when I log out of KFN first. Would you like a screenshot?
                          I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

^Actually, scratch that. I can now access the page that I cited earlier. It started working right after I bought my subscription. (post hoc ergo propter hoc? or maybe not?)

Originally posted by snowhog
                            It wasn't successful. eChecks aren't accepted. You can setup a credit card for use with PayPal.
                            Roger that.
                            I run Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Found the 'glitch' on the page in question. Permissions have been set appropriately.

Thank you for your paid subscription! Very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X