Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone was handy with alien (I am, but am not at home) there's a 2.5.0 Fedora build here - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/b...buildID=812411
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      A very big 'I HAVE NOT TESTED' and 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK' warning on this, but.......

https://launchpad.net/~blaze/+archiv...ilter=krusader
      Dang ,,,,,,,, now I'm torn ,,,,,compile ,,,,or ,,,.deb
      O heck I'm board ,,,,,,,it's compile first .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
        A very big 'I HAVE NOT TESTED' and 'USE AT YOUR OWN RISK' warning on this, but.......

https://launchpad.net/~blaze/+archiv...ilter=krusader
        Worked for me on Debian Sid. Went like this -
        Code:
        sudo apt remove krusader

sudo dpkg -i krusader_2.5.0-git20161025-1-yakkety-ppa1_amd64.deb
        Ran like a champ, so I renamed the v2.5.0 ~/.config/krusaderrc and copied over the 2.4.0 krusaderrc from ~/.kde/share/config - I lost my bookmarks, but that's a five-minute fix.

So - at least on Debian Sid, if 2.4.0b3 ran 2.5.0 will as well. Easy peasy

edit: I even got KDE Connect to work. I had to find the path to the phone from systemsettings --> kde connect but was able to bookmark my phone as well

edit: screenshot

Last edited by wizard10000; Oct 27, 2016, 06:51 AM.
        -- anais nin

Comment

Love it, Wiz!!!
          You GO, Vinny!!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

OK so I did the compile ,,,,,,,it was a piece of cake and did not take long ,,,,,,I just haven goten back hear till now

looks all good so far ,,,,,but haven't done much ,,,,,,,,,screenie

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

To borrow a phrase from the WoodMeister: "KWEEL"
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                To borrow a phrase from the WoodMeister: "KWEEL"
                LOL ,,,,ya

check out the disk usage tool

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Here's mine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161026_193748.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	643358

Comment

I'm a BIG fan of Krusader.

I've been using Krusader almost since I first switched to Kubuntu back in 2011. I really like twin panel file managers (aka "orthodox" file managers) and have used them since Win98 days. I have been using v2.4.0-beta3 for ages now in K14.04 and I saw there was an update (2.5.0) a couple days ago but it's not available for KDE4 (Plasma5 only).
                    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
                    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                      why not just use dolphin? it does all this stuff also.
                      You know, sithlord - your comment prompted me to learn a little more about dolphin; I'd never tried splitting a dolphin window. Check it out -

I do kinda wish there was some way to tell me which pane was active but I do find dolphin's interface fits my workflow a little better than krusader's does.

Thanks for the tip
                      -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
                        You know, sithlord - your comment prompted me to learn a little more about dolphin; I'd never tried splitting a dolphin window. Check it out -

I do kinda wish there was some way to tell me which pane was active but I do find dolphin's interface fits my workflow a little better than krusader's does.

Thanks for the tip
                        Hu ,,,,I cant believe that YOU had never checked out the split pane in Dolphin before .

as to the "active pane" ,,,,it may be your theme ,,,the active pane should be highlighted ,,,a slightly different shade ,,,,,or is @hear.

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                          Hu ,,,,I cant believe that YOU had never checked out the split pane in Dolphin before .

as to the "active pane" ,,,,it may be your theme ,,,the active pane should be highlighted ,,,a slightly different shade ,,,,,or is @hear.
                          Yeah, it's the easy stuff that trips me up, Vinny. I can do the hard stuff, but what's obvious to everyone else is sometimes lost on me
                          -- anais nin

Comment

Coming from Total Commander on Windows, I just loved Krusader. I've been using 2.4 beta 3 for ages, and its such a shame the compiled 2.5 hasn't made it to the repos yet.
                            I compiled from source, and the compile succeeded. But there are many nag things that are broken - most notably shortcut actions are broken (open terminal here, copy current path etc).

Comment

Krusader 2.5.0 backported from zesty is now in

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+...kports-landing

for testing on Xenial and Yakkety.

If you wish to test, please add that ppa, upgrade krusader, THEN REMOVE/DISABLE the ppa once upgraded

(may have to go through the 1st run setup on this upgrade)

Thanks.

On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Krusader 2.5.0 is in Neon's repository.

Comment

Working...
                                X