Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh ... It's missing the "patience" pluging! Better ship it back when it gets here!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      The only problem with a true quantum PC is that it will work and it won't work, but not both at the same time.
      But how can you be sure, hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
        I wish I could be very happy!
        Lol same here, I ordered an eBay laptop that is quite literally taking the scenic route to get to me. Basically the same 2008 Dell core 2 machine I have now, but with a 15.4 inch screen. 50 bucks shipped.

I don't allow myself to go into the laptop section in any store, too depressing.
        And far too much drooling:eek:

Vinny, Sounds like a fun machine you are getting!:cool:
        Last edited by claydoh; Oct 04, 2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

SteveRiley, you simply press the Splitter button on the PC, split off into the appropriate parallel universe (select from the drop-down list), and you check for yourself what worked and what didn't. Of course, once there (in that choice), you will affect everything there, especially by your observations. Anyway, details aside, you might try it and see ...
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

the package tracking sead it got to Greensboro today ,,,,,,,, thats just 45min. away ,,,,,,,,Why ,,,,,O why could it not get hear ,,,,,,hear Dang it ................

my fingers are itchy to shrink the Ubuntu partition and add 2-3 Kubuntu partitions .................................................. .

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Can relate, Vinny. About 80% of my Amazon orders get here just fine. About 20% get to my town on-time, but then I find out they have sat at my Post Office for an extra day or two instead of being put in my box!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

A few weeks ago I ordered a Minecraft T-shirt for my grandson for a special occasion. I tracked to "Out for delivery" but it never arrived. I got an email saying it would be delayed one or two days. When I pulled up FedEx tracking it showed the package went from Omaha to Lincoln, back to Omaha, down to El Paso, Tx, to a northern suburb of Dallas, to Kentucky, then to Omaha and on to Lincoln, where it was delivered four days after I got the "Out for delivery" msg.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Trying to make Vin worry huh!!??

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                    A few weeks ago I ordered a Minecraft T-shirt for my grandson for a special occasion. I tracked to "Out for delivery" but it never arrived. I got an email saying it would be delayed one or two days. When I pulled up FedEx tracking it showed the package went from Omaha to Lincoln, back to Omaha, down to El Paso, Tx, to a northern suburb of Dallas, to Kentucky, then to Omaha and on to Lincoln, where it was delivered four days after I got the "Out for delivery" msg.
                    Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                    Trying to make Vin worry huh!!??
                    OMG ,,,,,,, that’s it , I'm taking off work tomorrow to sit on the front porch and wait, and call, and track , and pace ,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

Yeah, I'm embarrassed to say I got an Acer Chromebook on sale locally for $150 (big box chain store) instead and threw Kubuntu onto it (instead of Chrome).

My daughter wanted an Asus touchscreen notebook which I picked up today for $209 on sale in a different big box chain store and I threw Kubuntu onto it as well (it came with the horrendous Windows 8.1, which I kept because her school uses some Windows programs).

Kubuntu works so well/quickly on both that I had no qualms doing either.

I wish I could afford to support System 76, but I don't have that kind of need (or cash). October in the US has the deepest discounts on slightly older computer models (in order to make room for Xmas models). I always buy in early October.
                      Last edited by perspectoff; Oct 07, 2014, 09:51 PM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
                      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Has it come yet, Vinny? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                          Has it come yet, Vinny? Huh? Huh? Huh?
                          Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. He must have went to work after all...
                          Last edited by anika200; Oct 08, 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Waiting........

Comment

He He he ,,,,,, no I did not take off work ,,,,,,,,,and ,,,,YES it's hear. WWWwwwEEEeeeeeee.

Very nicely packaged for the trip ,,,,,Double boxed , inner box with Styrofoam inserts that held the Bonox8 in the middle .

This thing is massive , 9lb , a full 2 inches thick at the back side ,,,,,,,,and BEAUTIFUL ,,,,a full backlit keyboard with #pad and 7 back-light colours , ONKYO speakers with a small sub woofer on the under side ,,,,,, and I guess this thing needs it's power cuz ,,,, the power transformer in the cord is the size of a brick ,,,,,,no literally ,,, the size of a brick [4"x8"x1 5/8",,but to me this is OK .

their is 4" of case from the edge of the keyboard to the front of the box , so lots of palm rest area on eather side of the track pad + a finger print reader (dont have this working at the moment but 2 dayes ago found a post on the Ubuntu forum about how to enable it ,,maby)

after unpacking and running through the Ubuntu OEM set-up I looked around in the BIOS then fired up my new USB-3 Kubuntu-live-USB stick .
                              It's running fine using the nouveau driver for the Nvidia GTX 860M
                              at present we are shrinking the 500GB drive Ubuntu was using to free up 165GB for some Kubuntu partitions ,, yes I will Keep Ubuntu as well

this thing is nice so far,,,,, the USB is running so well it could be the installed system .

will keep this updated with how the upfiting of Kubuntu goes ,,, I plan to add the system76 PPA and use their Nvidia driver .deb at first ,,,,,,or just stick with the nouveau ,,,,well see.

VINNY
                              16GB RAM

Comment

third boot ,,,, once to set up Ubuntu once to fire up the Kubuntu-liveUSB and shrink the Ubuntu partition(the hole 500GB drive + 4GB-swap) and once(now) to see if Ubuntu will still boot ,,,,,,,and it dose

now to make some partitions in the new free space

VINNY
                                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X