X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And select the correct widget.

Comment

Just tried that on my home system. Get the below results. This is the REPO I used: ppa:blue-shell/homerun

And again still had not had time to try on my 13.10 install.

Code:
      Fetched 2,009 kB in 14s (141 kB/s)                                                                                     
      Reading package lists... Done
      moonrise@Panther:~$ sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-homerun-kicker
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree       
      Reading state information... Done
      E: Unable to locate package plasma-widget-homerun-kicker
      moonrise@Panther:~$

Comment

Did you apt-get update?
        Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
        Always consider Occam's Razor
        Rich

Comment

Recently I installed Netrunner, Homerun is their default kicker but it looks quite different, possibly because I did not add so many groups of applications.
          This one is close to the regular one's classic version (cascading) and that's how I like it.
          The idea with favourites is good but I'm likely to miss the easy access to recent documents the classic kicker offers.

Comment

There is the Recent Documents choice on the main menu. One would assume you would click on it if you wanted to open a recent document.
            Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
              Didn't get a chance to try on system at work, but here on 12.10 with that Repo installed I don't see homerun kicker.
              Same here

Please Read Me

Comment

EDIT: I see why. Kicker is only in the Saucy repo and I'm running Raring.

Please Read Me

Comment

I am running 13.10. apparently it is not available for 12.10. The repo in 13.10 shows as
                  Code:
                  http://ppa.launchpad.net/blue-shell/homerun/ubuntu saucy main
                  Rich

Comment

Are you sure you've got the correct ppa?
                    ppa:blue-shell/homerun
                    In Muon I did have to select the Source or Origin (don't have an English version) before I saw it, maybe I spelled it wrong in the search bar.
                    plasma-widget-homerun-kicker
                    @richb, yes I saw the Recent Documents section and it works, I'm lazy efficient, so I liked the single click version of classical

Comment

Take a look at the actual package list in the PPA. You'll see that homerun-kicker is compiled only for Saucy, not for Raring or Quantal.

Comment

Hey Steve, what's this green border around your screen shots, went with Mint?

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                          Hey Steve, what's this green border around your screen shots, went with Mint?
                          No, he's radioactive...

Please Read Me

Comment

Caution! Reading the following answer will make you go blind and cause hair to grow on the palms of your hands!

Oh, wait...that's not the warning for radioactivity. What am I thinking? LOL

Ya know, sometimes I just need a break from blue. I love Oxygen, but with one small bit of spice: I change the default color of the decoration's active window glow. Now that you mention, it does have a kind of minty look, haha.

Comment

Thanks Steve! Looked further myself and saw that too. Sigh....... I actually liked the looks of that kicker.

Comment

Well, I did get this working on my system at work. I have to say I actually like this launcher better than Lancelot or the default one. I guess I'll need to upgrade my 12.10 system at home to 13.10 to use this. I hope it stays a good while. I'd hate to really get use to this one and then they go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X