No announcement yet.

your KDE (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my own consulting business, an LLC, and I wrote my flight training off as a business expense, or I could never have afforded it either.
    The training cost about $2K, and the aircraft rental was $40/hr wet for the 172 Skyhawk, and $80/hr wet for the Centurion 206 Turbo, tax deductible, just like my car was. With my time and payload factored in the 206 wasn't too much more expensive to operate than the 172. The retractable gear, variable pitch prop and 3 axis autopilot made flying a joy. Keeping the 172 trimmed was a constant job. With the autopilot on the 206 I'd just set way points to my destination and engage the autopilot shortly after takeoff.

Through the entire duration of my days as a licensed pilot I took only one "joy" ride, and that was to give me wife her first airplane ride. She was/is deathly afraid of flying but I managed to talk her into flying once around the patch. While circling the airport in its landing pattern she kept her head down and would not look out the window. She never flew again until we flew commercially to Florida Disneyland to celebrate our retirements.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I was handed the stick of a glider at 14 (it had double controls). Whoosh :-)
      I'll never forget it. I really wish I could have flown planes.
      But then, I drove sailboats most of my life instead - for a living - I guess :-/ it's the next best thing...

I'll post a KDE screenshot of mine to "redress the offtopic", shall I :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	kdescr289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	645074

Comment

Wish I could get the below Window Decoration from KDE3 into KDE5! Then I'd really be happy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_1039.png
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	645075

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
          Wish I could get the below Window Decoration from KDE3 into KDE5! Then I'd really be happy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9335[/ATTACH]
          LOL, OK it's laying there so I gotta take the bait - some people just hate change.

Please Read Me

Comment

I'd like to get mine looking like this 😎
            Attached Files
            Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Cessna 172 1966 model departing misty Kai Tak Airport Hong Kong (Closed ages ago) I only took off/landed there a couple of times around 1981...
              Attached Files

Comment

OS/2 Warp! Yes, Yes, Yes! I remember it well. Then IBM threw us under the bus...
                Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
                  OS/2 Warp! Yes, Yes, Yes! I remember it well. Then IBM threw us under the bus...
                  Blame the evil empire (MS) for that! PC makers who offered another OS pre-installed faced hefty licence charges for Windows. Hitachi tried re-installing BeOS for a while here. That didn't last long either. OS/2 was far superior to Windows but at the time IBM were still in the PC business and needed to compete, so...

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                    LOL, OK it's laying there so I gotta take the bait - some people just hate change.
                    LOL - It's not about not liking change but what is actually aesthetically pleasing!

Comment

Speaking of not changing, check out my desktop. It's pretty much the same as I had with Windows 95 which was my first GUI OS then every Windows OS after that, Mepis, Sidux, Chakra and now Kubuntu. Pretty boring I know. I autohide my panel just to gain a tiny bit more screen size. I work from the file manager, I use the old cascading Application Menu because it requires the least amount of clicks to open an application. I don't monitor my resources, as that just uses up resources. I also change my desktop image every day with the Slideshow app. Nothing fancy, simple and easy. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	645097
                      Last edited by Fred47; Mar 24, 2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Almost looks like my Win 10 DE

Comment

My Desktop

Almost looks like my Win 10 DE

Comment

Today I thought: "Plasma 5.27 is here - is now the time to get rid of Latte Dock ?" I had some spare time and tried something new on my openSUSE standby system.

I do miss the parabolic zooming effect, but I think probably I could live without it (and yes, I like standard Breeze - only colour scheme and icons are slightly modified and the fonts are Cabin and Fira Code ):

Click image for larger version  Name:	ost1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	668701
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	ost2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	668702
                            Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Feb 25, 2023, 06:03 PM.
                            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Nice layout!

Comment

Indeed!
                                I began using Linux on May 1, 1998 after suffering innumerable crashes from Win95, et. al. I moved to SuSE in Sept of 1998 because they advertized the KDE 1.0 Beta as their DE. For the next ten years I used KDE exclusively, regardless of which distro I was using at the time, because I could configure it to look and feel and act like WinXX. Being able to do that avoided a lot of mental dissonance. After I retired in 2008 I went with and still use the default KDE DE environment with next to no customization. It just works for me.
                                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                                X