Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your KDE (screenshots)

Here's one that puts things in proper context:

[img width=400 height=250]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7990/aptosidimera29nov11.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Here's one that puts things in proper context:

[img width=400 height=250]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7990/aptosidimera29nov11.png[/img]

Virtual Machine. I try to use replacement, WINE/Crossover, and VM as a last resort. Otherwise, 1/8th the size seems about right.

Comment

Let's go for 1/16th. That's about where Win should be. Just kidding, ever OS has its place, even that one.

Comment

I'm a total minimalist, so I have absolutely nothing on any of my desktops. Here are a few screenshots from the laptop I'm typing this on:

Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Nothing special but I like to keep it simple Here it is:
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't know....could you possibly add a few more hard drives!

Just kidding, it is a nice setup!

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Somewhat modified version (I actually did something really bad that borked the boot partition and this is an entirely different install with home directory copied over).

I went with a dark ui with pale icons [Iceglass 3.0] (Have to work on a few that have colorful icons... notably for the following apps: Guayadeque, Kplayer, any apps in WINE, and Muon Package Manager. )

Just the basic background

Menu open with apps in the background, showing some of the translucency settings built into KWin. (Although not as customizable as CCSM [Compiz's], still very useful customization)

And that's it for awhile. I usually get something setup like that and leave it that way for awhile.

Possible, future changes I can see happening, if I can figure out how:
                1) Overriding website background colors (esp. for text boxes, input boxes, etc)
                2) Trying to figure out how to change the "halo" effect on the currently highlighted
                window... needs to be black or something dark...
                3) Either making the icons named above and getting with author or something else

Comment

Originally posted by texaswriter
                  Trying to figure out how to change the "halo" effect on the currently highlighted window... needs to be black or something dark...
                  * Go to System Settings | Workspace Appearance | Window Decorations
                  * "Oxygen" will already be selected; click Configure Decoration
                  * In the "Decoration Options" dialog, click Shadows
                  * In the "Active Window Glow" pane, choose whatever makes you happy

Comment

@SteveRiley

Right on target. Thanks!!

Comment

I'm going on week 2 using Kubuntu. It's so beautiful to be able to configure things again!
                      http://utherpendragonfly.files.wordp..._desktop01.jpg
                      "Sitting quietly, doing nothing,
                      Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself."

Comment

What is your background? I like that.

Comment

Here's my openSUSE setup:
                          sigpic

Comment

Kubuntu Oneiric

Last edited by rms; Feb 17, 2012, 09:39 AM.
                            Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

I always liked more light themes but now I am trying/using something new

Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
                                I always liked more light themes but now I am trying/using something new
                                Since Rakia is correcting people, how come THIS is not your dark beautiful wallpaper?

Last edited by rms; Feb 10, 2012, 06:43 AM.
                                Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Working...
                                X