Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid partner repositories were still pointing to natty! Can you raise a defect for this please.

Comment

What I found works is making sure the black window is active then hitting the left arrow key and the enter key and poof! gone for good. I guess I just guessed right thinking that there was a dialog window with a cancel button on the right and an ok button on the left.

I got lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by uvarvu View Post
        Stupid partner repositories were still pointing to natty! Can you raise a defect for this please.
        Not sure how yours might have become configured that way. The correct entries in /etc/apt/sources.list are:
        Code:
        ## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
        ## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
        deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise partner
        deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise partner

Comment

I've been running Kubuntu on this machine since Natty. I checked my colleagues machines and their partner repositories are still pointing to Natty too after upgrading to Precise. We all upgraded to Oneiric when it was released back in October but we didn't check the repositories at that time.
          Last edited by Guest; May 14, 2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

My suspicion is that the release upgrade scripts don't touch the "partner" or "extra" lines in /etc/apt/sources.list. This is just a guess, though, since I don't have a pre-Precise machine to verify this against now.

Comment

I had the same problem- lightbulb, black box, move box get a proper window, still couldn't finish install. Mine seems to have been fixed by accident, I was looking through System Settings to satisfy that 'tinker' itch and looked at Locale>System Languages, selecting one of the tabs popped up a message about unfinished fonts and allowing it to complete the download/ install seems to have fixed it. Sorry this is a bit of a fuzzy reply as I can't remember exactly which tab did this, as I wasn't expecting the result so was just looking at the time.

Comment

Had the same problem with the light bulb. One of the above post described how to adjust the black bars to see the text.

Noticed I had a problem with the flashplugin-installer.

Followed the instructions in #40, and no more light bulb!
                Last edited by ScottyK; May 15, 2012, 08:57 PM. Reason: No more light bulb...

Comment

There's been some progress in resolving some of the issues present: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/982032

A fix for the huge notification window and the hardcoded use of gksu have been made for the development version of Ubuntu 12.10, and fixes for 12.04 are currently being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
                    Had the same problem with the light bulb. One of the above post described how to adjust the black bars to see the text.

Noticed I had a problem with the flashplugin-installer.

Followed the instructions in #40, and no more light bulb!
                    I followed the instructions in #40 too. These instructions does not help.

Comment

I have to chime in now, because I've noticed that the light bulb is now appearing on my netbook, and the procedures from #40 are not working for the netbook. Will be watching this thread for any new suggestions.

Comment

Please, see bug report:
                        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1001396
                        If it still affects you click affects me.

I have adobe-flashplugin 11.2.202.235 installed but not flashplugin-installer. Does it make a difference?
                        I think the problem lies in kubuntu-update-notifier itself not necessarily in flash and this is kubuntu-update-notifier bug.

By the way it notifies me about updates always when I log in, even after I made update and when no new updates are available.

Is launchpad still an appropriate place to report Kubuntu bugs?
                        Last edited by gnomek; Jun 07, 2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
                          Now Flash plays youtube videos in Firefox but I get just a black blank flash screen in Rekong with no video playing here.
                          marco07 Your problem with flash and black videos might not be related to yellow bulb problem. Do you use nvidia graphic card? If this is the case check:
                          http://askubuntu.com/questions/11712.../131040#131040
                          Code:
                          cd /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/
                          sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's/libvdpau/lixvdpau/g' libflashplayer.so
                          This worked for me. But if you still have problem with black screen with flash video start another topic.

Comment

Working...
                          X