Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you enable the Ubuntu Partner Repository?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Did you enable the Ubuntu Partner Repository?
      Sorry! It was disabled. After enabling it, installation was smooth. Also, apt-get suggested to install the following packages which I did:
      konqueror-nsplugins & libnspr4-0d
      But still in Rekong when I run a video, I get the flash blank screen, but the video's sound is active and I hear the audio without having any picture. The Firefox is OK though.
      Any suggestions to resolve this?
      Also, should I leave the Partners Repo enabled all the time, or it should be disabled?
      Thanks!

Comment

Log out and log back in and then try Rekonq again. Yes, leave the Partners Repository enabled.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You don't need either of those suggestions for Flash to work.

Comment

I had the same problem, I installed the Ubuntu Flash package right straight from the Adobe site, uninstalled the plugin installer package and the next time the light bulb showed itself, I right clicked it, then clicked Don't Show Again.

Not saying anybody should do this, just what I did and it seemed to work.
            Last edited by tek_heretik; May 06, 2012, 11:14 PM. Reason: disclaimer, lol

Comment

@ marco

Rekonq and Firefox both worked after I did what has been suggested.
              I have no clue. Did rebooting make any difference?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                You don't need either of those suggestions for Flash to work.
                Would you please elaborate? Which suggestions? Do you meand those you mentioned in post #42 and onward?
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lanzen View Post
                  @ marco

Rekonq and Firefox both worked after I did what has been suggested.
                  I have no clue. Did rebooting make any difference?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
                  Yes! But I still have to click on "Load Plugins" button in the middle of screen when flash opens up in Rekong. I think I can live with that, unless there is a solution for it.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
                    Would you please elaborate? Which suggestions? Do you meand those you mentioned in post #42 and onward?
                    Thanks!
                    In this case, "suggestions" means "suggested packages." You don't need konqueror-nsplugins or libnspr4-0d for Flash to work in Rekonq.

Comment

In this case, "suggestions" means "suggested packages." You don't need konqueror-nsplugins or libnspr4-0d for Flash to work in Rekonq.
                      Thank you!
                      I will remove them.

Comment

Thanks for finding and solving the problem and posting the solution. I had the black bar problem and just refrained from clicking the bulb icon and then finally decided to see if anybody had the same problem, etc.

Also, had the problem with Firefox telling me that the flash plugin was missing, clicking to have it installed, getting the message that the plugin was installed, then getting the message again that it needed to be installed.

So your post solved both problems for me.

Thanks.

Comment

adobe-flashplugin, in the partner repository, is already updated with the fixed player, version 11.2.202.235.
                          Er, no it isn't.
                          Last edited by Guest; May 10, 2012, 03:20 AM.

Comment

@nevillef...thanks for the laugh, but that I mean great title to this thread, found it hilarious for some reason, I picture a porch of a cottage in my mind with one of those bulbs and a gazillion bugs around it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by uvarvu View Post
                              Er, no it isn't.
                              Er, yes it is:
                              Code:
                              steve@x1:~$ apt-cache policy adobe-flashplugin
                              adobe-flashplugin:
                                Installed: 11.2.202.235-0precise1
                                Candidate: 11.2.202.235-0precise1
                                Version table:
                               *** 11.2.202.235-0precise1 0
                                      500 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ precise/partner amd64 Packages
                                      100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
                              You can see the list of available versions per release by viewing the list of packages in the repository. Unfortunately, it appears that Adobe has updated the repository only for Precise; earlier *buntus will receive earlier versions of the player.

Comment

This is a strange bug indeed as I have encountered it, oh well I can ignore it

Comment

Working...
                                X