This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading BIOS ?

I have a fleet of Dell Optiplex 990s that I have been upgrading the BIOS on and it is very easy IF you are using Windows.
    The update BIOS file is an .exe file.
    The computer I use for everyday use is (of course) running Kubuntu.

So how to upgrade my bios on this machine that cannot run .exe files?

Thanks
    G
    Greg
    W9WD

https://www.dell.com/support/article...onment?lang=en

Please Read Me

Comment

I wound up pulling the Win7 hard drive out of an identical computer and booted up with that.
      Installed the bios and quit.

Plugged Kubuntu hdrive back in and away we go.
      Greg
      W9WD

Comment

See! SO many ways to skin a cat!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

See! SO many ways to skin a cat!
          Yeah, like use an ASUS motherboard. Piece of cake (see their website for details). I keep a workable BIOS on a thumb drive just in case; and actually had to use it once after a power failure goofed something up with the monitor-graphics-firmware.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
            Yeah, like use an ASUS motherboard.
            I have the computers that I have and I won't be buying new ones just to make updating things easier.
            Greg
            W9WD

Comment

I thought you might be bored on the desert out there, maybe in the mood for a DIY new build. ;-) Ha!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
              X