X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with NFS share file permissions

Hello,

I have a Ubuntu 18.04 server as a NFS file server and two Kubuntu 18.04 machines as clients.

On the server I have exported a directory with permissons drwxrwsr-x root users. I have a problem with group permissions when I create a new file. New directories get correct permissions but new files get different permissions depending on which program I use to make the files.

Here is an example:
    -rw-r--r-- 1 grizzle users 2 Jul 25 14:09 zdolphin
    -rw------- 1 grizzle grizzle 0 Jul 25 14:09 zkrusader
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 grizzle users 0 Jul 25 14:10 zterminal
    first is created by Dolphin
    second is created by Krusader
    third created in terminal with command 'touch zterminal'

Sometimes Dolphin makes permissions -rw-rw-r-- 1 grizzle grizzle
    Usually this happens when I copy files from client to the server. This is big problem because only user who created the file can read it.

I have no idea why the permissions behave like this. I want group always to be users so all users can read and edit files.

I have checked permissions of the directories where I mount the share and they are identical on all systems. I have also checked that group users have the same id (100) on all systems. I have this line in /etc/fstab to mount the share
    <server IP>:/mnt/md0/exports /mnt/net nfs defaults,user,noatime,noauto 0 0

Any ideas?

Something has changed here also. I can no longer write to my NFS shares using Dolphin although permissions seem the correct.

To be clear - I can copy a file using Konsole but not Dolphin, which leads me to believe it's a Dolphin issue.

Please Read Me

Comment

OK, weird, I can copy using Dolphin if I launch it from konsole, but not if I launch it from kmenu.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X