Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux AMDGPU Controller Tool

Meet LACT: Linux AMDGPU Controller Tool for AMD GPU Users

Check out the LACT - Linux AMDGPU Controller Tool with features like overclocking, fan curve control, and more for a seamless experience.​
    I just grabbed the DEB and will replace CoreCtrl and see if it performs better.

https://www.debugpoint.com/linux-amdgpu-controller/
    Last edited by Beerislife; Nov 27, 2023, 05:40 PM.
    Constant change is here to stay!

It is doing exactly the same things as CoreCtrl, for what it is worth, in terms of performance. There are one or two differences in minor features between them, but having all the controls on one screen on corectrl is better for my usage than having to tab to a different one for fan control, then have to go back and forth to check temps.
    Software options are always a good and welcome thing, for sure

Comment

I tried it but went back to CoreCtrl. I couldn't get overclocking to work, my card probably doesn't support it.

RX6400

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
        my card probably doesn't support it.
        Right. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/m...%20to%20adjust.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
          I tried it but went back to CoreCtrl. I couldn't get overclocking to work, my card probably doesn't support it.

RX6400
          Odd, since I assume corectrl is actually working and you can truly overclock it there (though it is widely reported as locked down) and that you enabled the systemd service for the new tool (as prompted b y it on first run?). AND set the required grub boot flag (as corectrl's docs provide?)

Here, both showed the same options and values for the settings, though I did not actually try changing anything on my RX 6650 with it.

Comment

I followed the CoreCtrl docs to the letter and it works fine. I also set the systemd service for LACT and rebooted. CoreCtrl works better for me.

Comment

Cool! Haven't played with it much except to enable overclocking. I'll need to test it with Steam to see what changes, if anything. I already made my own Menu entry.
              Mine on the left, default on the right...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231129_083512.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	675549

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X