• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use NoScript but here are a couple of links:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...dition.398127/
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...ipt-10.397945/
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

chimak111 -- thanks for that 1st link, goes to dedoimedo's page on the newest NoScript. Dedo is well-known around here as he has written many good tutorials. That'll be on my To-Do list!
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Well, in just a few minutes, I've read enough to conclude that the new NoScript is a damned mess. Imo, they need to fix this on their end before we deal with trying to configure it. Thanks, again, for that link to dedo, chimak111 -- it confirms my feeling that something seems amiss, and some things ARE amiss.
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Qqmike, you are most welcome
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

And there's been an update that has its users ecstatic: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...2#post-2720671
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
              In 14.04, with FX Quantum 57, I finally decided today to disable the darned NoScript, as it just ain't workin' too good (for me). Anyone else have experience in FX 57 with the "new" No Script?
              Well, they certainly changed the interface... I too find it less usable than the previous UI. It seems to require more clicks to access. That slows down my workflow (not a good thing). I also preferred the NoScript notification line (at the bottom of my screen) which told me what it was doing without my needing to drill into the interface.

I"m not ready to dump this version, because it still blocks scripts from running, which is why I installed it in the first place.

If I have to make a guess, I think the developer was rushed into releasing this version by the demands of FF users. I hope he will rethink some of the changes and revert to something closer to the prior version, at least in terms of the user interaction.
              Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
                Re. this memory leak, for how long does Firefox have to run to see this? Are there particular sites that induce the leak?

I close (quit) my browser pretty often and shutdown my computer at least once a day. Could that be why I haven't seen anything memory issues of significance?
                (Sorry for the delayed answer but over the past days I moved some 7 timezones to the east.)

About the memory leak, open the Google search page, enter something you are interested in like a Doge WC52 and select pictures.

Next you click on one of the thumbnails and it will open in a new tab, right click on the picture to save it and close the tab.

After some 15-20 pictures saved this way the whole of Firefox is slowing down, would you have opened the system monitor you would have seen the momory assigned to Firefox go up with every link you clicked.

Closing the tabs does not release the memory, only restarting Firefox will clear it.

Comment

Working...
                X