Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual 'eye candy' with little actual value.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You took the words right out of my mind!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My low-tech preference is xdiskusage. Runs from command line but creates a X-windows graphic. Mentioned, with a screenshot, in this thread: FAQ: Free Disk Space - Regenerated

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        I don't see a practical use for either one, since I can sort on the size column in Dolphin and I don't need a graph to compare file sizes.
        The disadvantage - and for me it's very often a real pain - is that if you don't know in which folder and at what depth possible large files are, looking in Dolphin at one folder at a time is useless.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questi...ze-recursively
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Useful info. Might make some alias's of these

Comment

xdiskusage gives you the same information as du, and du is the go-to command for simple cases. I started using xdiskusage after being frustrated one too many times with the output of du being thousands of lines, obscuring the one or two bits of information I was actually looking for.
              I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by vsreeser View Post
                Does a program exist for linux similiar to windirstat? Nice graphical depiction of used drive space and what files are taking the most room
                I have used, and loved, K4DirStat for years. I believe that it's a port of WinDirStat - or maybe it's the other way around. It's very usable and useful, and fast enough to not be a pain at all. Try it, you'll like it! (Should be in the packages....)

Comment

Working...
                X