This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-Secure and Younited

Anyone use Younited or have any F-Secure background? They have a beta linux app and seem to be privacy based.

Also might be a good alternate cloud storage for those wishing to eschew Google...

Please Read Me

From their website:
    This is why we are making younited
    We realized that we’d lost track of all of the stuff we had and where we’d put it. Our photos, videos, documents and files – our digital lives – were scattered across a mess of different devices and cloud services.

You have pictures in Facebook, Dropbox, Google Drive, Picasa. You have documents on your home computer and your work laptop. You have documents in Evernote, Office365, and as Gmail attachments. You have music on your smartphones and in iTunes.

That’s crazy. Utter madness.

All kinds of stuff in different places. And web services trying to box you in to their service alone. We are not cool with being in some big company's "ecosystem," with shackles chained to our arms and legs.
    We didn’t want to build yet another cloud product where you store away your stuff and then forget about those precious moments. We wanted to create something that brings it all together and puts you back in control of your digital world. We wanted to make something where no photograph, song or video would ever get lost. We wanted to create a place where you can organize your stuff regardless of where it comes from – and then share it with the people you love. We wanted to give you a quick, safe and easy-to-use experience.

We wanted to provide you with a place where privacy is guaranteed and your stuff remains yours. We say NO to the prying eyes of governments and we don’t sell your information to advertisers.

So we’ve made younited for you. We hope you like it.

Looks like another cloud service with a dedicated OS to access it. I looked for the source briefly but couldn't find it. No source, no security.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yeah, I saw a few comments about not being open-source. I liked that it's based in Finland and not the US. http://www.mondaq.com/x/230902/data+...dition+Finland

I don't know of any open-sourced cloud services that have this level of features.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X