Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are just way to harsh on the old woodsmoker.

But....the big "point" is....

part a)

If you actually watch the last months of Windblows adverts they really do have a cross platform OS.

And the simpe reason why is because of the much jeered at simple boxes that is the latest windblows desktop.

They "may" be kludzy on a tower's screen sittting vertically half an arm's length away when it is easier to use a mouse.... and it IS easier to use a mouse....

But....

At my dive place, I was watching them teach some kids, small kids, how to do basic SCUBA...

And a grandma was standing at the edge of the pool recording it with a "tablet" of some kind..not a camera and not a cell phone.

It may really be that the stupid boxes will "just work"...cross platform.

part b)

Shuttleworth has already said that he has "thrown in the towel" about Ubuntu being able to get a significant share of "any".... part of the computer market. (another post here at the forum).

part c) .... "could it be".....that the actual "interface" of " Plasma Active is tooooo "subtle".....for the "average" user from Windblows:

pard d)

I have NO CLUE about MIR or anything about that stuff but there has been a lot of discussion about this and that....

apparently though it is a big deal and whatever choice is made will have consequences down the road.

part e)

is is just possible that the reason that Shuttleworth basically has "thrown in the towel" because he went all in for the Unity interface and it just does not.....work well, only he won't admit it.

I tried really hard to use the Unity interface on all of the distros that came out with it and...it was just tedious...simple as that....

and the "slider" was just a pain in the derrier... at least for me.

part f)

Here is an idea that I would throw out for discussion.

Would it be possible for the KDE "interface", that is the "folder view" and the "widgets to have two paths?

i) the present path, which is very subtle and beautiful and people who normally run Linux or the more discerning Windblows convert would use

ii) My android phone just got a new update to the OS and there is now a "slider"...on the left side of the phone that is CURIOUSLY like what was being attempted waaaaay back at RevLinuxOS...

There is a little "handle" and it pops the slider, which holds ONLY those apps which can be......dual windowed! WOAH!!! :0

Sooo would it be possible to have a side stream, in tandem, of the Plasma active interface in which there is a ...

I )SIMPLE pop out menu which can be customized by "drag and drop"...somehow, there is an "edit" function on the phone slider. By definition, the number of apps that are on a phone are limited and it might just be that the number of apps which the average, from Windblows, user would be small

II) For the "folderview" and "widgets" etc, have an alternative "GUI" made for them which is large, kludzy and boxy and UGLY, but which could be dragged from maybe a slider and the main tablet, or whatever, windows would be filled with big boxes instead of nice subtle guis like we are used to.

AND at the same time continue development of the normal "Kubuntu" desktop for those who exclusively use a tower /tablet...

part g) The last point is. that.... now would seem to be the very ripe time to really have a PUBLIC discussion, as opposed to the closed door of Canonical and Unity, about ....

trying to do with the KDE/Plasma/Kubuntu/mir/whatever.........

and only doing some SIMPLE graphical changes and possibly a different way to "store the original apps"..like on the phone, you have the original links and secondary links on different desktops..

to accomplish what Shuttleworth has given up....

just a question...

of little worth, and thrown out for discussion by the community.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Are you second-guessing the artist?
      I wouldn't go as far as to not call it "art" (not my favorite kind of art, though, I prefer art that includes skill as well as vision. Most modern art is all "vision" and no "skill"...with notable exceptions, of course)...I just wouldn't call it a "picture"

@woodsmoke:
      I'd love to engage with you as well, but your thought-flow-writing is indeed somewhat hard to follow
      Last edited by kubicle; Jun 28, 2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Kubicle...

I do that "at purpose" to ENGAGE...people....

and...my thoughts may by WORTHLESS....and I readily admit it...

but they are intended to ENGAGE...

afterall...

Shuttleworth threw you, and moi, and EVERYBODY else...under the bus.

woodjust a hardware software kinda guy smoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          Kubicle...

I do that "at purpose" to ENGAGE...people....

and...my thoughts may by WORTHLESS....and I readily admit it...

but they are intended to ENGAGE...

afterall...

Shuttleworth threw you, and moi, and EVERYBODY else...under the bus.

woodjust a hardware software kinda guy smoke
          How are we supposed to engage with you if we dont understand you?

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
            How are we supposed to engage with you if we dont understand you?
            BRAVO whatthefunk!!!!! BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!

Do not take this the wrong way!!!!!

The "point" here is that "the way we have always done things are.....not working....because...

MONEY..........

MONEY......................

MONEY .......................................

is moving much more rapidly than the "bazaar"......the "bazaar" can come up with so many wonderful things....

but as opposed to .....

TRON ORIGINAl.....

MONEY NOW.....

NOW is moving SOOOOO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That I think that

Shuttleworth threw in the towel because even though he could "forward think" with Ubuntu DECADES AGO....

He realizes that....

He has been "left behind"....

LET THE COMMUNITY

BAZAAR......

OF KUBUNTU....DO WHAT HE COULD NOT!!!
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X