X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to the powers that be of Plasma and Kubuntu, "scuba"

Hi
    I quite realize that when I gave away my Calypso interface and paid upwards of several thousand so dollars at Distrowatch that

not my Calypso interface....

but my presentation of it was SPURNED by all....because the developers were "too busy">./.....

This will be dismissed by the folks at "blue" systems and all the rest of the developers because my "IPSOM LOTEM whatever" is not correct...

but......

It is just possible that Linux may be ......

at the "interface"........

between the user of "a thing" and "the device"

works best.

I am "just the old woodsmoker"... a "hardware and software kinda guy".....

Ok.....I am now really into scuba ....not "diving"....into "scuba".....

In a short while I "may" be one of the "instructors".....for one of the great "schools" of "diving".....

The present methodology is to use Windows....

and..... lol.... RPG.....

But the point is that....if there is a "developer" who is willing to work with somebody in the DETESTED MIDwestern U.S.....

I know....Mandrive would not give me the sweat....not that they generated much sweat, off their brows when I was doing significfant numbers of "installs" an the "Mandriva parties"....

and the real ELITES detest ANYbody from the middle U.S....

but.... I HAVE NO CLUE.....

but......

I am actually on the "cutting edge" of :

a the "hardware" that is in the http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-di...dive computer".......it looks "established"...and I have

NO CLUE about what is involved in the computing or interface.....

but I will be USING THIS....

IN AN ACCELERATED ...............as in ACCELERATED....way..............for the next ten or so months.....

secondarily.....

b the "presentations" that we now do are in a "Windows (tm) " environment.;.......

"presentations" all that....

but..... I actually did my open ocean/open water" certification and had....

GoPro camera , but fortunately a very kind fellow said...

woodsmoke....get your dive CERTIFICATION out of the way and GIVE ME THE CAMERA....

but the point is....

Offer this "entitity" a "package"...of "software in the classroom that INTEGRATES SEAMLESSLY with the GoPro camera and .....

} ...............-possibly an alternative interface for the hardware IN THE WATER...."

and it just might "spread"...

just a thought....

woodjustahardwaresoftwarekindaguysmoke

PPS....NO I DO NOT HAVE GRAY HAIR...it is "silver"....thank you very much! lol
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 20, 2013, 08:58 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Things would maybe go better for you if you wrote in a way that actually made sense to people. I read your post two times over and honestly dont have any idea why you posted this or what you want. English has grammar and structure for a reason.

Also, it helps to rid posts of politically loaded phrases like "the real ELITES detest ANYbody from the middle U.S." It doesnt add anything to your post, might make people willing to help you angry, and doesnt make any sense, as we have discussed in other threads.

Comment

For me: I can't read them at all. The continual double carriage return is too distracting. It makes any thread of thought too hard to follow. Too bad, because once wood gets done puking out his elitist rant he can be humorous. Oh well...

Please Read Me

Comment

Woody, I have to agree here.

First, what is a "Calypso" in the context here? There's no way to answer this question, because in all of what you wrote, there is no context. Second, why would you pay several thousand dollars to DistroWatch? How is that related to whatever point(s) you might be attempting to make? Third, your regular self-victimization doesn't really serve much of a useful purpose. It may, in fact, drive away the very folk whose attention you wish to hold. Fourth, you should give greater consideration to whom your audience should be. The Plasma developers focus on Plasma; they don't write device drivers. The Kubuntu developers concentrate on packaging KDE for Ubuntu and don't create unrelated KDE-based applications.

Comment

Moved because the (presumed) subject is unrelated to Kubuntu 13.10

Comment

SR THANK YOU FOR THE KIND AND CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS!! l.....not that my thank you is of much worth! lol

LOL

SEeeee.......

All the people that posted.......

"You" did not know whereof I posted....

In other words.....

ON A FORUM....as opposed to a "family circle".... the only people who will "buy into" a post are people who can "relate to" the post.

In other words....such a post is only "preaching to the choir"....and has no influence "outside"

It only makes the OP "feel good" because he or she "got to tell those stupid folks off"...stoopind people that think "differunt" than ME!!

The "calypso" interface was a javascript that would completely replace the "menu" and "kicker"....

It would "float"... , as it were , on the desktop, hesitatantly avoiding the mouse until the mouse was actively engaged with it...and then the "menu" would "appear"...

BUT....."the menu DEPTH" would be defined by the user...

do you want "only applications" or...do you want "applications and 'documents'...or some other level"....

Think "Q" on StarTrek NG.... a little golden "thingy" floating on the desktop that replaces the kicker.

And why did I spend thousand of dollars at DistroWatch...?

I spent it in animated adverts on the homepage....

And had thousand of hits....at my webpage...

AND WHAT WERE THE COMMENTS....??

"I'm not going to look at your stoopid app because of your first page on your site...you need to get "dignified"....as in "Linux dignified"....

In OTHER WORDS....

THEY NEVER LOOKED AT THE APP....because

I was wearing the wrong clothing".

BUT... two guys in black suits showed up on my doorstep wanting to know what I was doing providing "stuff" to ..."the Chineese"...

Because the Chineese, apparently, took it and RAN WITH IT.....

Self Victimization....

Because the people who say they are "so smart" can't even remember five years past about a thing about which they say they care so much. It is curious ...just curious the selective "non-rememberance"...

"this groups focuses on this"...."that group focuses on that".....

is there nobody watching to see if Little Red Riding Hood, did, or did not, get the memo that maybe there is a big bad wolf...?

THIS IS A COMMON DISCUSSION.....

"Microsith is a behemoth, and CONTROLS everything....".... one person at the top, "supposedly" looking "down" to make sure all of the parts go together.

Linux "people" are "proud of the fact" that they "HEW TO"....

The Cathedral and the Bazaar

But when a bedouin in "smelly clothes" provides a REAL alternative to "the menu(aka microsith / apple "....

He is ignored because of his clothes....

What I am getting at here....
            is...

LOOK AT THE ADVERTS ON TELEVISION.....

Microsith REALLY IS offering a "cross platform" interface.....

A bunch of STUPID BOXES.......

maybe a "Linux cognoscenti" needs to step back and look at the "big picture".

AND I AM NOT SAYING STALLMAN OR TORVALDS....

Somebody ELSE....

just my thoughts because I'm just a hardware/software kinda guy.

wood stoopidclothingsmoke
            Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 26, 2013, 05:43 PM.
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

wtf

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	640389Click image for larger version

Name:	mudlogoofficial.gif
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	640390
              Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman-meme-generator-cool-story-but-what-s-your-point-exactly-71b51b.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	640391Click image for larger version

Name:	18549870.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	640392

/me goes back to messing with his new phone....shiny

Comment

LOL I :LOVE IT!!!!! REALLY!!!!

Lets get some rum and get on a boat and try to .....

think out of the box?

I LOVE IT!!!!!

http://www.marshallmcluhan.com/

woodonlypartlyunderstandsthetetradsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Theres a big difference between thinking outside of the box and not being able to express your ideas to others....

Comment

When you mentioned Calypso I assumed you meant Jacques Cousteau's Boat. I very much enjoyed that stuff on TV when I was young. Hmm, or calypso could be some sort of Jamaican martial arts.

As for your HTML menu, that may have been a good idea but I suspect there are thousands of good and bad ideas for open source. We obviously can't use them all.

Being ignored because of your appearance? You must have had a coat and tie on. Have you seen pictures of our FOSS devs? Or maybe you lacked a bottle of beer in hand.

Ken.
                    Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                      All the people that posted.......

"You" did not know whereof I posted....
                      Dude, nobody knows! This whole thread is one massive wall of opaque argle blargle. Your follow-up post only muddles it more. It's like you are the antonym of clear thinking or something

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                      wood[y ... is] smok[ing] something
                      And I probably definitely don't want to share. LOL

Comment

A thousand words does not a picture make :P

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                          A thousand words does not a picture make :P
                          Sometimes it does

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                            Sometimes it does
                            Sure

Although in that image I see colorful worlds rather than a picture

Comment

Are you second-guessing the artist?

Comment

Working...
                              X