X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One virtual desktop for each video output

Hi there,

I'm working with a laptop connected to a VGA monitor... I was able to configure an extended desktop with the laptop being the primary output and the VGA on the left... I'm able to get apps across them and so on... However, I've too many windows opened and I'm getting confused....
    Is there any way to have one virtual workspace for each monitor - laptop and VGA ?

Thanks

You might want to look at this.
    Right click on your task manager> Click "Task Manager Settings", Toward the bottom it says "Only show tasks from current desktop, check that and click apply.
    Rob

Comment

That's not it... by the way its already check....

I have two monitors, one of them is working has an extention of the workspace and I would like it to be other workspace.... Is it possible?

Comment

Yes, it is possible. You'll need to research separate X sessions for multiple displays.

Start here: http://www.nu2upc.com/linux-tips/con...dual-displays/

Before you spend hours figuring this out; you might consider thinking about your work-flow (why so many windows open you're confused?) and also look into using the Activities feature of KDE. Once you separate your desktops, you won't be able to move windows from one to the other and mouse control can be difficult.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for the post.... been searching and this is the only way to have this... However I was expecting to be able to get aplications from on side to the other... like it was a virtual desktop.... but not with this soulution...
          Whit separeted Xsession I rather stick to the expanded desktop =)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X