This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Glass, latest vid, 4 hrs ago shows them & how works

I will get a pair when one can have them using the perscription regular lenses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZczX6qleV4Q

And of course..... the parody! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NHJjX4Zw-s

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

More specifications price 250 to 600

Overlaid on the narrator's vision are weather stats, text messages, map directions, subway alerts, calendar reminders, with built in camera and — of course — Google+ integration
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...gzS_story.html

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

It suddenly just occured to me that these will change everything in terms of "lecture" classes and lab activities.

The things will probably, in the second interation, have video capabilities.

That means no need for "note taking" by the student during lecture and in the lab, video the results and upload to the students in the later sections.

Also it will spell the end for teachers with an "agenda" who rant and rave in the classroom.

When all students are wearing the glasses the only way to identify "who did it", uploading the rant, will be the "perspective' of the camera, left or right side of the room, but with 120 seat lecture halls that will be gone also.

Actually, I think it will improve things.....just the facts 'mam.... and to obviate the video of say a powerpoint..... have two versions, with two sets of questions for the exams....

So....I'm actually looking forward to the challenge because the midwest students, since a very high proportion of them have jobs in addition to the swamp of money being poured on them by Pres. Obama, will jump on these things just like they did the laptops and now the tablets.

However, for the teacher who uses the "cookbook" powerpoints provided by the textbook company.....we will be hearing their songs of woe in the teacher prep room!

woodsmoke

woodsmoke
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 06, 2012, 10:35 AM.
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

While I can see many uses, hopefully they won't be used by students in lecture halls. Study after study shows that for the most retention of knowledge, the old fashion note taking, pen on paper, works best because it engages different parts of the brain simultaneously and gives multiple pathways to recall the information. Notetaking via computer does not do as well. However, studies with those digitizer pens, are equivalent to the pen and paper (probably because you still have to write it out) but have the added advantage of being able to be stored on the computer.

As an interesting side note, studies also show that reading a book engages different parts of the brain than reading the same material on an ereader. Using an ereader lights up the same parts as watching television. Comprehension tests after reading via paper and ereader show higher retention the old fashion way (paper), too.

Comment

My fav : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3TAO...eature=related

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by vw72 View Post
            As an interesting side note, studies also show that reading a book engages different parts of the brain than reading the same material on an ereader. Using an ereader lights up the same parts as watching television. Comprehension tests after reading via paper and ereader show higher retention the old fashion way (paper), too.
            This argument sounds implausible. Do you have links to these studies? I'd like to load them up on my Nook and read them.

Comment

Marshall McLuhan per'aps said it best;

The Medium is the Massage.

woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
              X