X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humble Indie Bundle worth more to Linux users

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTE5ODQ

Final figures on Humble Indie Bundle 6 come down to $2,048,439.47 USD from 316,266 sales. The average purchase price was $6.48. When the average purchase price is broken down by platform, it comes down to $5.82 for Windows, $7.58 for Mac OS X, and $10.48 for Linux.
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to feel some pride at this. But, well, I do. Is that wrong?

I think that's been the case with pretty much all of the Humble Bundles so far. I always take great delight in pointing out this fact whenever I encounter some obnoxious type trying to claim that Linux users are all tight-wads who will never pay for anything.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I think its because we are grateful to have games ported to Linux. i will happily pay money to not have to deal with Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
        I think its because we are grateful to have games ported to Linux. i will happily pay money to not have to deal with Wine.
        Bingo

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          I'm not sure if I'm allowed to feel some pride at this. But, well, I do. Is that wrong?
          On the contrary, if you had NOT felt some pride then 10 Hail Stallman's would have been required!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            10 Hail Stallman's
            Very good, made me laugh.

Comment

Heh, that's fabulous!

(BTW: hello from Amtrak, New York to Philadelphia. Ain't technology grand? G&T + wifi, on the rails. Sooper cool.)

Comment

Working...
              X