Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I found this Alien Arena which is yet another port of Q2 engine with the standard PvP. http://red.planetarena.org/

I wonder, is it that hard to slow things down a bit and make a Q2 PvE with a database and turn it into a 3rd person MMO? Well if your an adrenaline junkie, then I suppose this game might be for you. Personally I like something with some thought process as well as shooting and blasting. Each arena is 2 to 12, I wonder if the engine limits the number of players or could you have 40 or 50 people in one arena?

Comment

I recently started playing Botanicula. It runs fine on Kubuntu 12.04. The graphics and music are amazing. Worth a try.

Comment

I know this one has been redone in 3D recently, but this is a very good version of Xcom UFO Enemy Unknown for Linux. For those of you into the "Wine Scene" I was out in the Sun (the bright thing that hangs about in the sky during the day) hitting some yard sales don't you know. I found this older DVD PC game called "City Life 2008 Edition" that works a lot like Sim City or something to that effect. If you buy one online make sure it has a case because your game won't work without the key code. The majority of my gaming needs are within the browser, I have been messing about with the gaming site: Kongregate. Out of those, I really like;

Obliterate Everything 2 - Attack other bases and defend yours in space.
        Epic Battle Fantasy 4 - Very cool turn base fantasy fighting.
        Learn to Fly 2 - Funny game teaching Penguins to fly.

But first go outside and enjoy the sun, I can stare at it for hours. LoL

Comment

Lucky dudes. I am playing chase-the-plane! You know the game...where they keep delaying flights at your transfer airport, making gossamer promises about new departures Real Soon Now? The flight to DC last night was so delayed that I said fsck it. Ended up spending the night at the hotel in Detroit airport, only to realize that this morning's flight is now delayed by an hour! I'll still get to Chantilly in time for my presentation, but with barely enough slack to change out of my shorts and Kubuntu polo into my (now supremely wrinkled) suit. C'mon, Delta, what other curve balls can you throw my way? Surely you've got more!

Comment

Playing two games at the moment. First, Closure, a weird little side scroller I got in a Humble Bundle. Second, Ive recently started playing Team Fortress 2 on Steam. Great fun and free!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Lucky dudes. I am playing chase-the-plane! You know the game...where they keep delaying flights at your transfer airport, making gossamer promises about new departures Real Soon Now? The flight to DC last night was so delayed that I said fsck it. Ended up spending the night at the hotel in Detroit airport, only to realize that this morning's flight is now delayed by an hour! I'll still get to Chantilly in time for my presentation, but with barely enough slack to change out of my shorts and Kubuntu polo into my (now supremely wrinkled) suit. C'mon, Delta, what other curve balls can you throw my way? Surely you've got more!
              Ahh, that good ole' game "Aviation Nightmare" - I've played that one before. Hopefully, your audience will be the over-50 crowd and therefore not able to see just how wrinkled your suit is.

Please Read Me

Comment

Sorry to hear about the airport drama Steve, but I can relate. I once went to pick up my parents arriving at 8 pm. So I got to the airport and they tell me due to in-climate weather the flight was delayed. So I camp out in the terminal for about 3 hours. Then my father calls telling me they are in New York. I told him to get a room and take a later flight. Not acceptable for my father he wanted me to drive over and pick them up. I tried my best to explain, the trip alone is 9 to 10 hours. After debating it, he gets his way and so I am on the road heading for New York in a snow storm. I am about 2 hours out on the road and he calls again. They are now they have landed back a terminal in Detroit... I tell him to stay put I would get there and pick them up. After I arrive I get a message they left by taxi. When I finally catch up with them in the hotel room. He looks at me like this is all my fault. People ask me what I have against my father, he has done this stuff all my life. I hate airports too.

Comment

Just to necro, cause I'm proud to say that I have EVE Online playing thru wine on dual monitors without any graphic hiccups.
                  I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Your necro is perfectly timed with my arrival. I haven't been playing any games lately due to a lot of things. The last games I was playing (back in January) was Mechwarrior Online and a couple of months ago, Star Wars Galaxies EMU. I didn't play either on a *nix system, but wondered if anyone had any experience with running them through WINE. As, at home, the less that I have to use the Win side of the box, the better for my sanity.

Comment

Working...
                    X