X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBS/4X related sleep deprivation

Hey there,

Could anyone give me a suggestion for a game that runs well on linux (or DOSBox) that's a turn based strategy game? I've spent more hours playing Master of Magic, and the Master of Orion & Civilization franchises than I'm willing to admit, and am looking for something new.

I prefer TBS, but I enjoy some RTS games as well - mostly Warcraft II and the original Starcraft.

Frankly I'm just having problems finding recommendations for games other than shooters for linux.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated, as I haven't had any luck getting things running with wine.

Thanks!

Re: TBS/4X related sleep deprivation

try westnoth, iits pretty fun, not quite like starcraft but its this turnbased game kinda like ff tactics. and you can play it online

Comment

I'm with you - I prefer TBS games most of the time. I am a huge Hitman fan too. It's a shooter, but has a sequence

Hitman, Starcraft, and Warcraft III including Reign of Chaos expansion always ran very well for me using wine.

I was to install Starcraft II this weekend (if the wife wasn't looking!), but I've decided to wait for the Oneric release so it'll be a month or so. I'll post how that goes.

Please Read Me

Comment

here is a link if you were interested.

http://www.wesnoth.org/home

Comment

Working...
        X