Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application Dashboard - can the overall size be modified and add lines to icon text?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Dashboard - can the overall size be modified and add lines to icon text?

Ok, I realize that the "Application Dashboard" version of kicker is full-screen by design - BUT - I really like the presentation and layout AND my desktop monitor is 38.5 inches diagonal at 3840x1600. Since my monitor is so wide and I have a second monitor to the right-side, I put desktop stuff like widgets, conky, and the taskbar on the left edge of the monitor. This means when I open Application Dashboard, it puts the right-side menu list nearly 3 feet from the mouse cursor.

The second issue is all the icon text over 12 characters is single line and truncated with an ellipsis. This means every LibreOffice application text is "LibreOffice..." - this is less than useful. I would love to be able to add a second line of text. The alternate is to edit every menu item that is over 12 characters - again, not optimal.

In the past (several versions ago) I was able to locate a way to narrow the window, but the code has changed and I'm lost. I'm not a programmer and QML might as well be Farsi. I did find a user that had complained about the size of "Application Launcher" as being too wide, and the solution was to edit

/usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents/ui/FullRepresentation.qml

and change the factors in these lines:

Code:
     Item {    id: root
        Layout.minimumWidth: units.gridUnit * 26
        Layout.maximumWidth: Layout.minimumWidth

Layout.minimumHeight: units.gridUnit * 34
        Layout.maximumHeight: Layout.minimumHeight
    however I want to change the Layout.maximumHeight: and width to some number - at least that's what I think. Optimally, I would want to set the width somewhere between a third to half screen width. I could experiment with units.GridUnit times something but i was hoping someone had a clue.

I have no idea where to begin with the icon text layout.

Please Read Me

Tried editing those values in a VM - no change to menu size.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X