Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panel icons and their relationship to the program they indicate - changeable??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel icons and their relationship to the program they indicate - changeable??

I often play 0 A.D. - a game under heavy development. I kill and launch it often enough that I pinned it to the panel (Show A Launcher When Not Running). However, and I assume because the developers have not created an internal icon (or something like that) for it, I get the default XO (see attachment) icon, which I also assume refers to XOrg, and the name is of the company "pyrogensis" instead of the game title 0 A.D.

My question is can I assign a name and icon to the panel for a specific program like this one, similar to how I can edit the icon and title in Kmenu?
    Attached Files

Please Read Me

I think you can, but not from the launcher. Set an icon and title for the application entry in the K Menu first?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Maybe this is still the situation: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11834
      Try Me !

Comment

It has an Icon in the Kmenu already and there it's titled correctly.

I suspected re-compliing the program would be required and as often as they release new versions (sometimes more than once a week) that's not really a viable option. I was hoping for something easier...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X