Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customize menu function? Can I put spell-check on the bottom or make a new menu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customize menu function? Can I put spell-check on the bottom or make a new menu?

I'm a frequent poster here and write all day long on various computers. I am also a lousy speller, but I want my words spelled correctly because I believe it makes a post more readable and it looks unprofessional in other contexts. I rely on my right-click menu to correct misspelled words. However, most of the time, my right click-menu launches upward, because usually one is typing at the bottom of a page (and window), not the top.

What I want is for Chromium - or whatever controls the spellchecker menu - to reverse the order in the right-click list so that the corrected spelling is just an inch or less away from my mouse pointer - not all the way at the top of the screen. OR EVEN BETTER: For a truncated right-click menu be presented when a misspelled word is the right-click target. Just a list of possible corrections, the "Add to Dictionary" and "Ask Google..." and "More..." - the function of More would be to expand the menu to it's full size.

Here's an example of what I mean. Notice how my mouse is almost the full height of the screen away from the needed spelling correction:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by oshunluvr; May 04, 2014, 09:05 AM.

Please Read Me

An excellent idea, especially the truncated menu on a misspelled word.

Now someone to develop/implement it

Comment

Working...
    X