Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News flash! Steve admits he's a member of the human race!
    (Considering Steve's skill in Linux in such a short time I was beginning to believe, like the former Canadian defense minister, that aliens had indeed come and were among us! )
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Claydoh....

a) they can have laptops or tablets out but I walk behind them randomly and if they are playing a game, I visit with them in a "non-judgemental" place, and then I stomp the device into the carpeting!
      b) I frequently "fistbump" them for providing an insightful answer during dialectic.
      c) I allow them to take copious notes, make 3 x 5 cards, or a scrapbook, etc.
      d) I slap them up sidda da head if they are asleep and snoring in a manner which distracts other students. (And quite frequently I have to apply lotion to the bruised back of my hand").
      e) If a guy has the cajones to wear a pink shirt to class, I sometimes comment, in the hall, that a pink shirt is a "chick magnet" and often get the reply, "I learned that by watching you with Miss "X". ! "
      f) Since I motivat the students, in ways with which I, myself, am not quite cognizant, they usually make A's or B's, but then, these are intro classes, and they usually later declare some kind of technical/science/medical major... it is, after all, the "Life Sciences Technology" campus.
      g) I allow them to bring any kind of politically correct, or carb laden food stuff to class if they have brought enough for the whole class, and usually sneak a piece myself!

Other than that...........not much.........

OH....sorry..........we also do science! lol

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        Claydoh....

a) they can have laptops or tablets out but I walk behind them randomly and if they are playing a game, I visit with them in a "non-judgemental" place, and then I stomp the device into the carpeting!
        b) I frequently "fistbump" them for providing an insightful answer during dialectic.
        c) I allow them to take copious notes, make 3 x 5 cards, or a scrapbook, etc.
        d) I slap them up sidda da head if they are asleep and snoring in a manner which distracts other students. (And quite frequently I have to apply lotion to the bruised back of my hand").
        e) If a guy has the cajones to wear a pink shirt to class, I sometimes comment, in the hall, that a pink shirt is a "chick magnet" and often get the reply, "I learned that by watching you with Miss "X". ! "
        f) Since I motivat the students, in ways with which I, myself, am not quite cognizant, they usually make A's or B's, but then, these are intro classes, and they usually later declare some kind of technical/science/medical major... it is, after all, the "Life Sciences Technology" campus.
        g) I allow them to bring any kind of politically correct, or carb laden food stuff to class if they have brought enough for the whole class, and usually sneak a piece myself!

Other than that...........not much.........

OH....sorry..........we also do science! lol

woodsmoke
        Cool
        This part had me worried :
        The problem of course, is that all those kids at mega music events that are tokin' 'da dope, or drunk out of their minds on tequila ....um....not being able to think far enough ahead to hold the phone correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          News flash! Steve admits he's a member of the human race!
          Just do me a favor and don't tell anyone, mmmmmkay? Let's keep it our little secret

Comment

Lol
            Claydoh I'm glad that you like my technique, however, I forgot to mention that this last semester, because of the slowdown of the economy, I also reduced my going rate for each grade from $40 USD to $30 USD!

SR is a human? WOAH!!

What the Funk.

I installed KDE connect and the video came through the same way. This on a Samsung Galaxy III, running the latest Android. The video, shot with the phone being held in a vertical, upright, portrait position, transfers into Kubuntu so that the "video" is horizontal, laying on it's side, position.

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X