This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse control vs. screen position

Here's a fun question for you experienced linux tinker-ers (is that a word?):

One of the systems I use at work is an old Fedora 5 system with Gnome and upgrading is not an option due to licensing requirements.

The original system had a single monitor. The client wanted a second monitor and the only physical location is above the primary display. This causes a problem if I tell xorg that it's above because this is a control unit that has a half-a-dozen control windows that move themselves up to the second monitor.

I have dealt with this by telling xorg the second monitor is below the first, thus the control windows appear as they should. The only issue with that is the mouse has to go down to go up. This isn't a big problem as the second monitor is used to display windows that are rarely accessed by the users, however several of the users are not happy that they might have to move something this way (cry babies). As of now, I have a post it reminding them to pull down if they want to go up.

So the question is: Can xorg move the mouse opposite the screen positioning? Basically, the mouse pointer should move from the top edge of the lower monitor to the bottom edge of the upper monitor even though the xorg monitor position is the opposite.

Please Read Me
Working...
X