Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    *deleted*
    ?,,,,press the wrong key ,,,,,,

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Most usually, but this time I asked a question you had already answered!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by greygeek View Post
        most usually, but this time i asked a question you had already answered!

vinny
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

What I meant was the installer showed the partition, but said there was no installed system on that partition. Apparently it couldn’t see the sub volumes. I never started installing anything. I figured since it couldn't see the sub volumes then it would probably overwrite the data had I been a Noob and didn't stop right there. I have decades of experience with Personal computers. I first looked a Linux in 1997. When I noticed wine 2.0 was out, then I deleted Win terrible and never looked back. I don't know what is worst Adobe Flash Player or Micrcrap Windows.
          Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Is there a command that I can issue to the installer that tells it to install the bcwlm-kernel-source (or whatever it's called, the Broad comm sta driver) instead of the b43? With so many people having the exact same problem with the exact same card then I think it is clear by now, that the wireless lookup database has the wrong kernel module - driver, listed for the BCM 4322 card.
            Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
              What I meant was the installer showed the partition, but said there was no installed system on that partition. Apparently it couldn’t see the sub volumes. I never started installing anything. I figured since it couldn't see the sub volumes then it would probably overwrite the data had I been a Noob and didn't stop right there. I have decades of experience with Personal computers. I first looked a Linux in 1997. When I noticed wine 2.0 was out, then I deleted Win terrible and never looked back. I don't know what is worst Adobe Flash Player or Micrcrap Windows.
              As long as you renamed the subvolumes from @ and @home to something different, the installer won't overwrite anything unless you elect to re-format the partition - so don't do that.

You will get a warning about not formatting and how existings file will be overwritten, but if you renamed the subvols, and don't format you're safe.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X