Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please add Strawberry Music Player to the software center.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add Strawberry Music Player to the software center.

I've been using the Strawberry Music Player for about a year now and I'm very pleased with it, yes I know Kubuntu has Elisa preinstalled but I'm not a fan of the interface.
    So I would love if the Strawberry Music Player could be made available in the Discover Software Center. If I'm not asking to much?

The URL to add a ppa for Strawberry is about 2/3 down the page: https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/
    Linux User #454271

Comment

Originally posted by notabug View Post
      The URL to add a ppa for Strawberry is about 2/3 down the page: https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/
      Yes I know but its not quite the same also I quote on their site and possible Ubuntu clones. So I'm not sure how well it work on lets say Kubuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
        Yes I know but its not quite the same also I quote on their site and possible Ubuntu clones. So I'm not sure how well it work on lets say Kubuntu?
        It's all Ubuntu with a different face. The PPA should give you the latest version or it might require an update, but still the same than if it was in an Ubuntu repository. That same page shows a link for a developmental release if you're inclined.
        Linux User #454271

Comment

I installed Strawberry directly from the site, but the PPA should be O.K., and will give you updates when they come out.

Beyond Plasma, there's not a whole lot of difference between Ubuntu and Kubuntu. I got Strawberry as a Clementine replacement; I still miss Clementine.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
            I still miss Clementine.
            Same to bad they gave up developing for it.

Comment

Google shows a possible Snap package for Clementine. I'm very hesitant to do ANYTHING with snaps, but it is an option.

I'm experimenting with Cantata/MPD. I's not bad, no equalizer that I can find so far, but it works. I'll likely head back into Strawberry soon.
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I went back to the Strawberry site, added their PPA, and reinstalled Strawberry. Much better that Cantata, as Strawberry has an equalizer which allows tuning the sound to my equipment (HP laptop and a small pair of Bose speakers). I never tried Elisa, so can't compare. There are other multimedia players available, I play videos through VLC, and Smplayer has been good in the past. Looks like Strawberry is mine for now.

Comment

@jglen490

Yeah Strawberry Music Player is the best at least in my book.

Comment

Hi
                    Until, if or when it appears in repos here is the appimage:

Just click it and it will download the appimage, click it and it runs.

https://files.strawberrymusicplayer....86_64.AppImage

woodsmoke
                    sigpic
                    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Good suggestion woodlikesappimagepackagessmoke!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
                        I've been using the Strawberry Music Player for about a year now and I'm very pleased with it, yes I know Kubuntu has Elisa preinstalled but I'm not a fan of the interface.
                        So I would love if the Strawberry Music Player could be made available in the Discover Software Center. If I'm not asking to much?
                        To appear in the store, it would get into Debian/Ubuntu (unlikely); OR be snapped or flatpak'd.

All of these are outside the control/remit of Kubuntu, so the alternative options for now are best.
                        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                          LOL thankee!
                          woody
                          sigpic
                          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                            Hi
                            I saw your "Please Read Me" link in your sig and clicked it and found the nice thread on "how to post questions" but, more importantly, was reminded of the Trivium and the Quadrivium.

THANK YOU!!

woody
                            sigpic
                            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                            X