Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GG, amazingly your system seems very similar to mine. Everything seems to work but Minecraft. Yes, this 47.75 year old plays this. Started with my oldest and now the youngest. I have to figure this out.

Now, I can say, I do have Forge installed so I don't know if that is the reason or not.

Code:
    *-display
        description: VGA compatible controller
        product: GK107M [GeForce GTX 660M]
        vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
        physical id: 0
        bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
        version: a1
        width: 64 bits
        clock: 33MHz
        capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
        configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
        resources: irq:31 memory:f5000000-f5ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:f6000000-f607ffff

*-display
        description: VGA compatible controller
        product: 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
        vendor: Intel Corporation
        physical id: 2
        bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
        version: 09
        width: 64 bits
        clock: 33MHz
        capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
        configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
        resources: irq:29 memory:f6400000-f67fffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff ioport:f000(size=64)

Comment

Forge gives me no problems with any version of Minecraft I've played (1.7 through 1.10.2 Haven't installed forge on 1.11 yet) since I installed Nvidia-370.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hmmmm...

Only other thing it could be, which might be possible, is this is a laptop but I have set to work only through my monitor over the internal Display. Mayhaps!?

EDIT: Oddly enough though, nothing else so far balks at it. GLXgears runs wonderfully too.

Now when trying to run with Optirun I keep getting that [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) and that is with GLXgears too.
        Last edited by MoonRise; Dec 10, 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
          ... Only other thing it could be, which might be possible, is this is a laptop but I have set to work only through my monitor over the internal Display. Mayhaps!?
          "but I have set to work only through my monitor over the internal Display." <--- You lost me...
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Yeah, I can see how that was clear as mud there... sorry.
            So, yes, a laptop. However, I have my external monitor attached via HDMI and the laptop's internal display deactivated therefore "only through my monitor over the internal Display". By over I mean in terms of "in place of" or "in lieu of".

I think that should clear the mud, or it could make it worse. Let me know!

Comment

Ah. I don't know if the nvidia-370 driver works through an external monitor. Your experience suggests it does not.
              However, there is a panel to select alternate displays in the Nivida-Configuration screen:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	nvidia_config.png
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	643431
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 11, 2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah but there wasn't anything that seemed to address what it was complaining about. As soon as I can and unhook everything I'll try it out as a "normal" laptop.

Comment

Update for those who care.

Yes, the Nvidia drivers work wonderfully as far as switching between the Intel and Nvidia display cards. However, once on the Nvidia display card, at least for this machine, NO it can not handle the HDMI port. Real bummer on that. If I can figure how to rearrange my desk I might could set to dual display but that would be hard at the moment with my set-up.

To note, Minecraft plays wonderfully on the Nvidia display card.

What is odd, in appearance, it seems Windows allows that through the HDMI so... I don't know. Odd.

Comment

Working...
                  X